Would a successful trading record at a prop firm help me break into IBanks and funds?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mgzheng, Jul 16, 2007.

1. I have an edge. And so do you. The losing probability is only 33% think about.

#21     Jul 18, 2007
  2. I love it, ozzietrader has been brainwashed by the propaganda spread by prop shop trading owners on this site!! Once you learn the industry a little better, you will see why trading for a fund is preferable.....access to information, resources and other brilliant minds will be much better than if you are some individual guy trading your own account....95% of daytraders fail....and the hedge funds love undercapitalized, unsophisticated daytraders...they are generally the dumb/easy money in the markets!

#22     Jul 18, 2007
  3. power in groups
    power in numbers

power in union.

emm, should be obvious

#23     Jul 18, 2007
  4. sjfan

sjfan

I have no idea how you come up with this number. Care to explain? I'm curious.

#24     Jul 18, 2007
  5. sjfan

sjfan

I agree mostly with what you side. Though perhaps not the last point. Hedge funds don't really care about unsophisticated daytraders. Collectively, daytraders represent at best a barely visible portion of a few asset classes.

#25     Jul 18, 2007
  6. I was just yanking your chain sjfan. Considering you just stated you were ignoring my point of view, you didn't expect much else from me did you? :cool:
    I don't know why you're so hung up on compounding, but I appreciate your point of view.

#26     Jul 18, 2007
  7. I've never traded for a prop shop. Where do you people come up with this stuff?
    I have been trading full time for nearly 2 years, so excuse me for thinking there's more than 1 way of achieving a goal.
    Out of all people/professions, I would expect traders to know there's more than 1 way to skin a cat. The way I trade works. It has produced positive results in the past and is continuing to do so presently.

#27     Jul 18, 2007
  8. Thinking about it, it's actually ironic NYSEscalpa used the term "dumb money". I used that term on another forum when sniffing out some dumb money myself.
    So how about it NYSEscalpa, do you want me to show you I was the smart money? I would love to see your reaction to that. I'm sure it's against the rules to paste the link here, so if you want to eat your words let me know.

#28     Jul 18, 2007
  9. I wasn't calling you dumb money at all, only saying that daytraders are at a relative disadvantage to larger institutions and funds....but sure, why don't you send me evidence of how you are actually "smart" money :D :D

#29     Jul 19, 2007
  10. I think actually daytraders are at an advantage to funds etc simply because it's easier to buy 1000 shares than 1,000,000 shares.

#30     Jul 19, 2007