Would a successful trading record at a prop firm help me break into IBanks and funds?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mgzheng, Jul 16, 2007.

1. mgzheng

mgzheng

Would a consistently profitable trading record at a prop firm, say places similar to Bright Trading, help me become a pro trader at IBanks and Hedge Funds? If yes, how long of a trading history and how big of a trading account and what type of annual return would they typically look for? Also how much details on my trading strategy would they pay attention to, provided they are trading the same type of assets? Thanks!

2. if you can produce consistant profits @ prop firms, why would you go to a hedge fund or ibank and make less $$$?

3. Make 7 fig profits on 7 fig buying power and u'll land a job anywhere.

4. Make 7 figs on 7 figs buying power, and you should be starting up your own fund, not working for someone else.

5. My sentiments exactly. If you really have a edge, compounding and money management could turn even the smallest account into a fortune.
    I don't know why people would want to trade OPM, but that's just me.

6. segv

segv

Proprietary trading experience will do absolutely nothing to get you hired at a bank or hedge fund.

7. justinefx

justinefx

Hello trainees,
    Wanna learn FX trading?

Foreign exchange is known to be the largest trading arena in the global economical market. A 3.5 trillion dollar of cash value flows through this vast market regularly. This is considered as the easiest way to make easy money in quick steps. But it has got its own limitations...

FX trading is risky and full of bankruptcy hazards.
    G7 trading system is a highly sophisticated and real money trading system with high risk:reward ratio.

8. 8 figure bonuses.

9. What's so special about that when you can make it yourself? If you're that good, you don't need pay cheques from other people. You have the ability to generate your own.

#10     Jul 17, 2007