Would a Japan/China war be good for the US

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Feb 5, 2013.

1. To add to my earlier point about China and WWII, one of the sore points between Japan and China/South Korea/other Asian countries is the continuing visits to the Yasukuni Shrine by Japanese Prime Ministers and other leaders.

Imagine if Germany had a shrine to Hitler, Himmler et al, and Merkel visited it every year to pay her respects.

#31     Feb 6, 2013
  2. Oh for heaven's sake OT leave the bloody political correctness out of this discussion.

I watched the Super Bowl with MY best friend, a Yank from upstate New York. HE brought along a couple of HIS friends. Even though it was 6 something in the morning here in Bangkok, WE all drank Bloody Marys and then lots of beer, interrupted by breakfast.

By the time the game was over, WE were all pretty sloshed. THEY left to do THEIR own thing but HE had taken a personal day so WE continued with beer and wine.

That concludes today's English lesson.

#32     Feb 6, 2013
  3. it wouldn't be a shrine to Hitler

It would be a shrine to all those who needlessly gave their lives

In the name of a misguided cause

#33     Feb 6, 2013
  4. You miss the point completely.

Google Yasukuni Shrine.

#34     Feb 6, 2013
  5. why don't you just google, and tell me what it says? I am kind of busy, and have better things to do

If you don't care enough about it and your only reply is, "Google it" it must not be that important

you should google "apathy"

#35     Feb 6, 2013
  6. I'm not in the business of educating the lazy and ignorant.

#36     Feb 6, 2013
  7. sometimes, you just have to hope they die off, and don't reproduce

#37     Feb 6, 2013
  8. Nah, I would never wish that of you. You're an OK bloke, if a bit grouchy at times.:p

#38     Feb 6, 2013
  9. d08

d08

Russians (that includes the government) still think Stalin was a great man and celebrate him - this is a guy who in fact killed more civilians than Hitler.
    To this day, most Russians think they "liberated" Europe from evil Germans when in fact what they did is rape and pillage when it comes to Eastern Europe (excluding the obvious, German soldiers were respectful toward the ordinary civilian).

Oddly enough, while your parents suffered - what about the thousands of American Japanese civilians who were sent to internment camps on US soil simply for being Japanese (many died or were killed there consequently).

#39     Feb 6, 2013
  10. too late, I already reproduced, and those kids of mine have all kinds of independent ideas.

#40     Feb 6, 2013