Worth Noting.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by seriousNews, Nov 22, 2008.

1. The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets.
    John D. Rockefeller

2. There is no blood in the streets yet.....but THEY are moving us there and FAST! :D

3. I thought the old Baron de Rothschild was the one who said that first, concluding that one should sell when the trumpets were blowing.

Jeff

4. ammo

ammo

historically bottoms happen in oct,dec mar and july,so it was nt oct

5. There is always blood running in the streets somewhere.

6. hughb

hughb

I thought the blood was running months ago. If I had bought, my blood would be running now.

7. Not in the US yet. Most everyone is still in denial....they think TEAM CHANGE will save them! Maybe when the "let down" inevitably happens there will be some blood.

8. No REAL blood yet....still many acting like everything will be just fine (while ignoring their 401k accounts blownout, bailout theft scam, and an overall dismantling of the country).

9. Depends on the length of the depression. The great depression lasted years which had many times that would be qualifed as blood running in the streets.

Just look up largest daily falls in the market ever. From 1929 to 1938 more than half of all the biggest falls were in this timeframe.

I would say don't buy when blood is running in the streets but buy when you know this will be the last time the blood will be running in the streets. Good luck with that.

10. No, I didnt say the US. I meant somewhere in the world there is blood running in the streets. Perhaps Iraq is a good place to invest right now. Or better yet, somalia!

You see...when blood really is running in the streets....NOBODY is buying and there is no question that blood is running in those streets. Thats when its best to buy.

#10     Nov 22, 2008