worth much more than your old bag, gentlemen

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zdreg, May 25, 2017.

1. zdreg

zdreg

this bag will be auctioned for $4 million+.
    [​IMG]

plus it is another example of government incompetency.
    The critical error came when the bag was turned over to the government. It was identified as a different bag — one that had not been used to collect moon rocks — because of “a mix-up in inventory lists and item numbers,” according to Judge Marten’s decision. <https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/...g.html&eventName=Watching-article-click&_r=0>

2. zdreg

zdreg

my thread was transferred from economics because I used the word gentleman in the title of the thread. such falsity and absurdity colored the economic significance inherent in this article. hence the downgrade to chit chat by the moderator.
    there is a lot of economic lessons in life to be learned from this article.
    actually, the moderator was right for a different reason. the economics thread is for "Open discussion on the global economy and the impact of recent economic news on the financial markets."

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

“This artifact, we believe, belongs to the American people and should be on display for the public,”

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

I just think it's awesome that we live in a country where the law can say, nah you guys (the government) fucked it up so she gets to keep the national treasure.

Most other places they'd have thrown the book at her for dealing in "contraband".