Worst TWS Yet?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TommyHawk, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Bob111

Bob111

first step is to find out folder with account settings. just click in TWS on "Restore settings" in TWS. on top there is will be "Look in" with settings folder named something like "dwjfghg". typically located in C:\Jts folder. close TWS and just delete it. next time you start TWS-it will run on default settings

#41     Jul 22, 2008
  2. cstfx

cstfx

How about just reinstall one of the legacy programs and only upgrade when you feel it is competent? It's probably too late for this, but I have 2 machines that run the TWS. I only upgrade one at a time so that if (IF?) the new TWS is screwed up, I still have a machine that works ok on the older platform.

#42     Jul 22, 2008
  3. Shit, I upgraded to the latest version today as well and TWS does NOT like to be moved around! I sticks to 1-2 monitors only!
    It does NOT work in a multi-monitor setup. This sucks.
    IB, why don't you guys leave well enough alone?

#43     Jul 22, 2008
  4. That's like saying, "If you don't like your new car, get under the hood and fix it yourself. - Or, just drive your old one."
    I have wasted enough of my precious time screwing around
    trying to compensate for IB's incompetence over the years.
    Their product is THEIR responsibility.
    Plus, 884 and 882 have their OWN issues!
    Enough of their BS already.

#44     Jul 22, 2008
  5. Catoosa

Catoosa

I go one step further. I have TWS on two machines plus when in doubt about the integrity of a TWS new release, I clone my hard drives prior to updating TWS so I can roll back to the clones as easy as changing a floppy disk.

#45     Jul 22, 2008
  6. newbunch

newbunch

I'm sticking with 882.2 until they force me to upgrade. Why mess with it when it works? Unless you need the new features, which I never do. Now, if they fixed the old features that didn't work (API portfolio/account updates), I'd think about upgrading.

#46     Jul 22, 2008
  7. That's my plan also. I had to downgrade to 882.2 awhile back because of performance issues and freeze ups. Since downgrading, I have not had a single problem since.

#47     Jul 22, 2008
  8. I have had some problems too with the new upgrade on IB.

#48     Jul 22, 2008
  9. What are you deleting here? the "dhlkfgn" folder?

OldTrader

#49     Jul 22, 2008
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

That is your username, encrypted. So it will be different for every person. Best to not give out that file name as I assume it could be reverse engineered into your username.

#50     Jul 22, 2008