Worst TWS Yet?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TommyHawk, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Bob111

Bob111

this PnL (and some other s*t) happens, because browser(or nevest TWS) corrupt old settings files, that saved on your side.
    delete them and start all over againg.
    btw-settings problem not been solved for all time i'm with IB (almost like 8 years)
    disappearing pages,tickers,settings-this s*t i'm talking about. even storing settings on their side didn't solve it.

#31     Jul 18, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I tried IB's advice. There is no Jts 2, there is a Jts backup.

#32     Jul 18, 2008
  3. Mine does this too! Annoying as hell.

#33     Jul 18, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

A wise choice.

I got the "There is a newer version" message today. Thinking maybe IB had rushed in some fixes I downloaded it.
    It is the same version with all the same problems I'm already having.

Apparently the "There is a newer version"
    message is not working properly either.

Who IB's programmer anyway?

SpongeBob SquarePants?

#34     Jul 21, 2008
  5. Catoosa

Catoosa

I installed TWS 885.5 and when I opened TWS all of my TWS windows that were previously on monitor 10 were moved to monitor 1 (the primary monitor). I can drag the 3 windows to monitor 2 but when I try to drag them to any other monitor, they jump back to monitor 1. Does any one have a solution to this problem? I have never had this problem with TWS or any program!!!!

#35     Jul 21, 2008
  6. RL8093

RL8093

It appears that IB provides more pure entertainment value for ET than any other source.

Long live IB, their programming staff (& standards of operation), customer support staff (& standards of operation), IB management (& their greed) & Kiwi (along with the other IB minions) - who can always be counted on to attack anyone who dares utter something other than praise .... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Also - special thanks must go to IB's massive, churning customer base - the endless army seduced by the lure of low rates & multiple markets. Without these folks there wouldn't be a never-ending supply of humorous anecdotes. :D :p :D

R

#36     Jul 21, 2008
  7. yes, but my portfolio page does remember PnL. why can't the same "stability" be propagated to other pages is a total mystery.

#37     Jul 21, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think I've deleted old settings before, but can some kind soul remind me how?

#38     Jul 22, 2008
  9. OK. - I admit it. - I was wrong.
    (That's the mark of a trader anyways, right?)
    TWS 885.2 is NOT the "Worst TWS Yet".
    - V. 885.5 is.
    Now I can't even move the damn thing onto
    the screen where it belongs...
    I quess after five years with them I need to
    start shopping for a direct access broker.
    Who'd a thunk it?

#39     Jul 22, 2008
  10. Ok. At the risk of being impolite --- that's silly.

If you don't like 885.5 why not go back to 884 or 882.2? Only once has IB actually forced an "early" move and even then I think we got a month or so notice. Personally I moved to 885.5 because I like the colours and its giving me no grief at all but I could go back to my earlier favourite, 882.2, in 5 minutes if I wanted.

If you need 882.2 and didn't follow the wise practice of keeping old copies pm me and I'll upload it to rapidshare.

#40     Jul 22, 2008