worst trading books ever

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daal, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Books by Tony Oz. Not very useful despite positive reviews by some Elite Trader posters.

#71     Feb 19, 2006
  2. The Right Stock at the Right Time by Larry Williams. A rehash of the decennial pattern and Michael O'Shaunessy's work.

#72     Feb 19, 2006
  3. Any other nominations?

In my case, I bought a book some years ago on a whim called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Futures Markets. (I think that was the title. I'm far too lazy and the book is far too worthless for me to go look for it.) If I recall correctly, I bought it from Amazon and, to their credit, they no longer carry it. I thought it would at least be funny, but the author took himself seriously and it was worthless even in entertainment value.

#73     Dec 6, 2008
  4. Looking back, I was wrong about the MIND OVER MARKETS book. I got more out of the Angle book the second time I looked through it.

#74     Dec 6, 2008
  5. ... :)

#75     Dec 6, 2008
  6. I would say based on the infrequent success of traders, that book was almost spot on.

People rail against the concept of market efficiency, then they go out and prove it by almost all of them losing.

Most of the "successful"traders on ET are paper traders, liars, decieved, or think 2 months of making money qualifies them as arriving.

And by the way, efficient markets support that a few traders will be really successful.

#76     Dec 6, 2008
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. %%
    HAHa -good rebuke,Nubinca.BUT his ''Bulls live above 200 day moving average, bears live below 200 day moving average'' quote is WORTH the price of book retail. FOR the stock chart trend$ [pictures] i recommend his book ''-Master Swing Trader'' Some people would get a lot out of it by not reading any of his words, but study his big trends.

Actually the[his] charts are worth much more than the words, because he has some great trend$ in there. You can ignore, i certainly ignore his wrongly titled book, [ repeating pattern-his wrongly titled book] ''Predicting Market Trends ''.LOL-LOL

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    #77     Jun 6, 2016
  8. %%
    Good pointsTrenderZones.
    But if one includes stock market investors+ buy/holders of index stocks......; much different results.Like IBD founder says ''the market is NOT random''
    Besides my first year my results were so MUCH worse than random- so i knew market is NOT random like IBD says.The main reason markets are NOT random is people are not random; actually, as far as his title; a stopped clock is right[spot on] 2 times per day.

IF you took market makers out of day trading markets[not that you would, or could want to, but commenting on his stupid title] short term traders have a walk worse than average.So even short term traders are NOT random.LOL I agree with much of your post, not that''random'' title. PS ; Professor Jim Rogers[HOT Co...] is much more practical-profitable that that random writer Princeton professor.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    #78     Jun 6, 2016
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

I totally agree. Did Alan Farley graduate from middle school? In order to author a book, you need to be able to write in a language of your choosing. Did his editor resign?

#79     Jun 6, 2016
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. 55
    LOL; good rebuke.
    I still recomend '' Master Swing Trader'' book for the big trend charts, not for the words. Dirty little secret is many writers get paid by the word-that explains a lost of useless words... I cant really say if he used an editor, most do?? He should know better than to title a book with ''Predict...'' in it

#80     Jun 8, 2016