worst trading books ever

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daal, Oct 26, 2005.

1. I agree there are lot of garbage out there...

Any titles/papers you would recommend for multivariate time series analysis?

#51     Oct 28, 2005
  2. Nice spam! Looks like your buddy opened up a thread for you and you stepped in to tout!

ALAN FARLEY'S BOOK IS GARBAGE!

#52     Oct 28, 2005
  3. Hmm, it looks dodgy, BUT, do you know this for sure, or could this perchance be pure conjecture on your behalf - an Ass-Umption if you may ???

Just for the Curious... :D

#53     Oct 28, 2005
  4. No shill here, I really do like his web site. And like I said, I didn't care for his book.

I wouldn't be much of a buddy for steering people away from his money-making book and toward his not-much-money-making web page. -g-

#54     Oct 29, 2005
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

Malkiel is such a flipping hypocrite, touting one thing while doing the opposite himself. And he keeps selling the same damn lie; classic reactionary bushwa.

#55     Oct 30, 2005
  6. Actually I got a lot out of the book 'A Random Walk Down Wall Street.'

Read it again carefully

#56     Oct 30, 2005
  7. There are so many, you can't slam just one.

I consider these HIGHLY OVERRATED:

1. Daytrading into the Millenium, by Michael Turner. $60 retail. I bought it for $2.98, and that was too much.

2. The Market Maker's Edge, by Josh Lukeman. Information is OK, but the title is highly misleading. I found no "edge" at all.

3. Jake Bernstein, The Compleat Guide to Day Trading Stocks. Futures promoter shamelessly trying to capitalize on the stock market boom.

4. Delta Phenomenon, by J. Welles Wilder. Market astrology. Way overpriced.

5. Kelly Angle, S&P 500 Trading Mastery. Too many words saying way too little. Very disappointed, since I liked his book 100 Million in Profits.

6. Dalton, Jones, Dalton. Mind Over Markets. Psychobabble, for the most part.

7. Albert Pacelli, The Speculator's Edge. Learned absolutely nothing about trading.

#57     Oct 30, 2005
  8. hcour

hcour Guest

Somehow I once accidentaly ended up w/one his seminars on dvd. It took place during the bubble when gurus were popping up everywhere everyday everytime you turned around. I watched about 20 mins of it.

He came across like the cheesiest of used-car salesman. He absolutely oozed sleaze. What an extremely off-putting personality, the definition of arrogant jerk.

And I'm sure he was charging those poor suckers a pretty buck for that useless seminar.

H

#58     Oct 30, 2005
  9. Odd. You are quite right. I love the Farley, have read it through carefuly three times, will no doubt read it again. Not that I use his setups, I just love his attitude toward the markets. And as to the frequently-made assertion that Alan is wordy, I find him to be quite pithy. Often a single sentence of his implies an entire paragraph when you consider it carefully. The more I think I understand the markets, the more I am reminded of ideas he tossed off casually in his book. Like "They see you coming." He's also a very funny guy in private. To me Farley is a test. A poster hates the book? All I need to know. Hahahaha! Mike.

#59     Oct 30, 2005
  10. Most of these books are pure garbage. No value information, and poor 'trading culture' content.

#60     Oct 30, 2005