Worst Slippage on Emini S&P

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ForexPro, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Recommending a broker depends on your needs. Do you need:
    1) specific front end software platform
    2) ability to enter orders through a web browser
    3) how many monthly round trips will you be trading
    4) other needs

I looked at 19 futures brokers and liked 2 of them, Velocity Futures and Go Futures. I would have gone with Velocity Futures but they didn't have the ability to enter orders through a web browser, which was a service I needed. So, I went with Go Futures and have been happy with them. Some one told me not to pay more than $5 per round turn commissions including all fees. In general I agree with that statement But from a broader perspective, I said define what you want from a futures broker. No broker is all things to all people so you should make sure the broker is a good fit for you. I wanted 1) a free front end platform 2) the ability to enter orders through a web browser and 3) low commissions. Go Futures gave me all 3. I pay $4.30 per all in round turn. Ask yourself a few questions and then call and ask some of the brokers if they offer the services you want and at what price. That way you'll find a broker that's a good match for you.

#11     Jul 10, 2008
  2. Same here maybe 1 tick

#12     Jul 10, 2008
  3. Slippage is not a concern on the ES as others have pointed out - you may see 1 tick.

As for brokers, check out Open ECry.

http://www.openecry.com

#13     Jul 11, 2008
  4. Well i've used spreadbetting firms in the uk, and they are all bucket shops, so anything will be an improvement on them.

#14     Jul 11, 2008
  5. I am also gonna trade 10-20 minis. I guess, thats not huge size in this mkt.

#15     Jul 11, 2008
  6. Arnie

Arnie

We haven't had it happen in a while, but the emini can move really fast at times.........like +5 pts in a blink.

So if you have a stop order in, you could easily be filled +5 pts or more away in a really volatile market. The vast majority of the time, slippage is not a significant factor in the ES. Another more relevant factor is having your trading platform go down and you can't exit.

#16     Jul 12, 2008
  7. better not slip too much or the ranges will contract and we'll all be screwed

#17     Jul 12, 2008