Worst President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BloodTrader, Apr 24, 2006.

1. the only way any president can really be judged as to "worst" is with the proper historical perspective gained by... wait for it...

HISTORY

imo (and lots of others), carter was clearly the worst in recent memory

carter is proof positive that smart and well meaning =/= effective president

and let's not forget that bush won reelection by a majority

that does not bode well for the "worst president" moniker.

note also that Carter was the FIRST PRESIDENT SINCE 1932 TO LOSE REELECTION

:)

people were fed up with the guy, and rightly so...

#21     Apr 25, 2006
  2. 32% approval rating
    Ever increasing deficit over bogus war
    Ever increasing trade deficit
    Abu Ghraib and secret prisons
    Vows main priority is to catch bin Laden yet later says bin Laden not a priority
    Told on video tape that levees wouldn't hold yet flies to San Diego to eat cake while people drowned
    Tax cuts for the rich
    Civil War in Iraq
    Poverty on rise
    Special Interests making out like bandits (Oil and Defense - overcharging over bogus activites)
    The mark of a desperate president: Now coming on TV like a televangilist

If Carter would've traded WMD's for the hostages like Reagan did, we'd be flying into Carter International Airport. In America, doing the right thing isn't important, its using propaganda to appeal to the religious sect that'll get you good marks. Clinton's extramarital affair is far worse than Reagan and Papa Bush a)selling WMD's to whoever b) tax cuts for the rich c) enriching special interests...but as long as you cater to the religious sect, your a good guy.

#22     Apr 25, 2006
  3. Yup, cant argue with that.

#23     Apr 25, 2006
  4. covertibility, you're all over the map.

carter was a terrible president.

bush, while flawed has not established the kind of suckiness that carter did.

yes, bush's approval rating is abysmal. recall that not too long ago, his approval was high enough to win reelection.

these things tend to change

#24     Apr 25, 2006
  5. I voted for Bush..... I like Bush, ...... But Bush's second term is LAME. I am a Republican and probably will be for life..... but Bush needs to put a sock on all that appealing to the nutty religious right.

KEEP RELIGION OUT OF OUR government!! :mad:

Still... Dems cant capitalize on Bush's weakness, lol :D

I guess when your leader is Ted *hic* Kennedy and you showcase your hypocrisy by having your elder senile statesman as a former KKK member.....and your mouth piece is Air America..... the odds are not with you.

Cant wait for 08....(my superbowl) But wont shed a tear if my party loses.... they been askin for it
    :mad:

#25     Apr 25, 2006
  6. Other than the Medicare drug plan what has he been doing the past 6 years?????

#26     Apr 25, 2006
  7. On vacation, like he has been throughout his entire life. If it weren't for Daddy, he'd be an average joe who died in Vietnam.

#27     Apr 25, 2006
  8. And, yet, they do.

*Sigh*

#28     Apr 25, 2006
  9. Carter was not a terrible president. He was pres at a difficult time and the right has worked strenuously to smear him.

bt

#29     Apr 25, 2006
  10. dude. defending carter is defending the indefensible

it has nothing to do with partisanship, or the fact that i vote republican (mostly)

i can agrre that clinton was a decent president. bush I was decent. imo, reagan was great. but carter was terrible

#30     Apr 25, 2006