Worst President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BloodTrader, Apr 24, 2006.

1. I think that the "on and on" part is attributed to the preponderance of supporting evidence and a desire on the part of the writer to be fairly thorough. Your reference to President Jimmy Carter in this regard is actually quite insulting and does little to support your credibility.

I hope you enjoy your current president. If you voted for him (especially if you voted for him twice), then you certainly deserve him.

#11     Apr 24, 2006
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Trust me. Bush is way better than Jimmy Carter. I know. I lived through that time. You look more than ridiculous with your claims when we have had 39 consecutive months of growth, record levels of employment (yes, even more than under Cliton), record houshold wealth, and finally an administration that has taken terrorism seriously. Alot of what is wrong with this country's intelligence ability is directly related to policies implemented by Jimmy Carter.

#12     Apr 24, 2006
  3. Uh-huh. And there are even more wetlands now thanks to the Bush Administration:

http://enn.com/today.html?id=10176

Did you even bother to read BloodTrader's posts in this thread? I'm guessing that you did not.

Enjoy your Kool-Aid.

#13     Apr 24, 2006
  4. No, no...I didn't write that. Credit to Sean Wilentz. It was at the bottom of the last segment.

bt

#14     Apr 24, 2006
  5. I know. I subsequently adjusted a couple of words in my prior post. I almost immediately realized that my awkward wording might be misconstrued. My mistake.

#15     Apr 24, 2006
  6. In considering Bush and his administration and policies, the one word that comes to me over and over again is arrogance.

Bush seems like a good example of the corrupting influence of power. A weakling whose idea of strength is a caraciture of the real thing. He insists on surrounding himself with yes men, shutting out criticism and falling back on his phony religiosity.

He deserves what he has coming.

bt

#16     Apr 24, 2006
  7. I can see how people think Bush has been mediocre. What I don't understand is the incandescent anger against Bush that seems to consume most democrats. It goes way beyond disagreement. I know their goal is to delegitimize Bush, but I think the voters are turned off by angry pol's.

In an odd way the parties implicit slogans mirror each other.

Democrats: Bush Is Hitler
    Republicans: We may be loathsome but we're not as bad
    as the alternative.

And they wonder why people don't vote.

#17     Apr 24, 2006
  8. Lets face it..... Republican's chance of winning the Pres election in 08 is dim at best. NOw....NOW... IF the Dems cant pull off a win in 08... then truly they are in a pathetic sad state. Have they learned anything from the last election??? or .... will they be as soooo stupid as to have Hillary win the primary?? If she wins the primary.... then holy crap..... it will be obvious why they have a "Jack Ass" as their mascot.

#18     Apr 24, 2006
  9. Arnie

Arnie

I was watching Chris Mathews over the weekend and this was the topic...why do the Dems field "wood" (his decription, btw) as Presidential cadidates and why do the Dems always try to "straddle" (again, his description) the issues. They polled 12 journalists and asked, "will Hillary make the same mistake". 11 of the twelve answered "yes". As bad as many of you think Bush is, why is it that the Dems can't articulate an opposing view to the important issues, a view that should be easily communicated to a disaffected public. I know the answer, do you?

#19     Apr 24, 2006
  10. Screw the Demos and Repubs. I do not feel I have a party. I suspect there are many, many Americans who feel the same way. We need some alternatives.

bt

#20     Apr 25, 2006