Worst Poster

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sqanp, Apr 9, 2008.

1. While perhaps I'm the unintended beneficiary of Sqanp's good(?) intentions, I take no offense to MandelbrotSet. At least for a prick he's smart and clever.....:)

#21     Apr 9, 2008
  2. Now that's a compliment coming from you! :D

#22     Apr 9, 2008
  3. I think it's a tie between him, Reaver, Bigpipn, cabletrader, and atticus.

All of of them have been permanently banned from posting in my Journal by the moderator, Magna. Kudos to him for trying to keep ET a place where real traders and those who aspire to become same can congregate and share ideas for the good of the whole community.

These trolls simply seek to undermine the positive experience with their endless negativity and locker room antics.

"You troll, I make money. How much did you make today?"

#23     Apr 9, 2008

4. Used a profanity to preach the kid? Well done! Clap ! Clap!.

#24     Apr 9, 2008
  5. Mandelbrot/Jimmy Jam/Jimmie Jam is OK.

There are a LOT of white supremacists and anti-Semites who have posted some vile garbage. I'd put them at the top of the list.

As far as trading commentary goes, ET's worst poster--whoever that would be-would nevertheless rank among Yahoo! Finance's top half of most insightful posters.

#25     Apr 9, 2008
  6. Yeah I agree, Mandlebrot is a prick and also not too bright. fuckstick--Yeah, fuckstick, that's the word I would use to describe her.

#26     Apr 9, 2008
  7. According to you, you're the her ... get it right, why don't you? :p

#27     Apr 9, 2008
  8. There are people I agree with nearly all the time that are fantastic.

There are people I disagree with nearly all the time that are fantastic.

There are people who I literally agree with 50% of the time who are fantastic.

I don't know who the worst poster is, but I know it's the MOST annoying thing for any poster to just chime in with something conclusory and glib, without taking the time or effort to substantiate a point of view, cite data or even an article, and just weigh in with a one or two liner consisting of tripe, and then not even respond to questions or challenges (at least not in a substantive way).

The very best thing that can be said about forums like this is that they can help one to challenge their own assumptions, and maybe even correct an errant course they've embarked on, as long as people are putting effort in and backing up their statements with substance, whether they're ultimately proven right or wrong.

#28     Apr 9, 2008
  9. OK, we all agree MandlebrotSet is the winner of the Oscar for worst poster (but best imposter--by that I mean a profitable trader) and his neo nazi gimp, Reaver, leads the pack at No. 2

They blow away (no pun intended) the rest of the competiition.

#29     Apr 9, 2008
  10. When i read the posts my only and biggest issue is when the poster doesn't debate the opinion. I don't think anyone on elite wants to read a school yard name calling argument.

As far as the who is successfully and who isn't, that is in the post. A person who is insecure will try and be the Einstein. The ignore feature is great and will help you squash that bug.

#30     Apr 9, 2008