Worst market ever?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by daniel_m, Apr 21, 2002.

1. One of the problems most traders are having, is that the big money lately comes from shorting beaten down names. Like the movie, Dumb and Dumber, this is Low and Lower.

Not saying it can't be done, just that it goes against the grain, and you WILL be squeezed and shaken more often than you like.

#41     May 6, 2002
  2. perr

perr

bronks , are'nt those "price bar's" just so delightful to watch,
    everyday. Up! :eek: and Down :p :p . Just trade the price movement down for now, the indicators will come into play sometime soon. :confused: Just don't know when yet. But
    they will let us know. They allways have for me!!!

Hey, have fun and watch the price move.

#42     May 6, 2002
  3. perr

perr

limitdown your right, just don't look at him. I focus now
    on my shorts, and focus less on that banker.

#43     May 6, 2002
  4. perr

perr

No Rigel, Tony plants new seeds, for future tree!! Look
    at Mount St. Helen, all new "MoneyTree".

#44     May 6, 2002
  5. bronks

bronks

perr--

I don't even watch price-bars. I watch the price/quote only lately. I've got my blotter set-up with 20 different tickers that I haven't changed in 2 years. Although far from mastery, there is a rhythm and cadence that can be exploited IMO. Staring at numbers all day may seem quite laborious at first but the numbers start to take shape and dance and before you know it, you know all the S&R points, heaviness, U-turns and fakeouts without any charts. I can do without all the rising wedgies, bull flags, shooting stars, and green clovers. Even though this is more of an experimental method for me at this time, I can honestly say it's shaping up to be my only method.

#45     May 6, 2002

6. In a sense big Don, we are all your traders, and after sharing the OOO's (opening only orders) it seems that more and more are making money, which seems to be something that they were doing haphazardly, and now more predictably.

Its noted, that one has had to adjust their parameters for decimalization, and its proven to be far superior to fractionalization, however, adjusting share size/trading size without adjusting one's broker (namely ticket vs. $.01 pfsnl rates), well if you don't go all the way, it just doesn't work.

So, how about it guys, sign up for the series 7 and go professional...

Uncle Sam, uh, Uncle Don want your vote

((hey Don Don, just being humerous))

#46     May 6, 2002
  7. perr

perr

Bronks that's great. You looking at the numbers and I'm
    looking at line's. I love those lines.

I also do my work without all those T/A star flying wedgies.
    and rising and lowering flags, etc. Don't look for that stuff.
    It's all to late by then. I paint the screen with my trade's
    and sometime they end up looking like a green clover.

thanks for your reply, and keep up with your good work.

perr

#47     May 6, 2002
  8. bronks

bronks

perr--

I'm sure the hardcore T/A guys would have something to say to us. But hey, it works for me. My edge comes from not using anybody elses edges... er, I think. Wish you all the best.

#48     May 6, 2002
  9. perr

perr

Well we can say this is two new way to skin the markets.
    Someday we'll write a book to the world.

And the best to all of Elite tonight.

#49     May 7, 2002
  10. Yeah, I still find time to trade every day...I wouldn't want to become one of those "snake oil" people who preach and teach, but don't trade...
    ;-)

Don

#50     May 7, 2002