Worst Investment Indian Real estates

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Population density and price of real estate have strong correlation.

#11     Apr 25, 2011
  2. 1 acre of Ag land should not be $50k. At the most it should be $4k. A farmer can produce about $200 to $400 worth of corn per acre average per harvest and that is NOT profit. Thats gross. I know farmers in the 3rd world, and they tell me that if a harvest is decent, and they owe nothing on the land and they buy their fertilizer up front and not on credit(most buy on credit) then they will make about $50-60 USD per acre of land profit. Anyone who pays $50k for an acre of land for farming knows nothing about farming costs. People that ask that much are hoping to sucker some city boy into buying it.

Anyway...there are some good deals in india for land if you look. I found 3,000 acres in india for just over $6,000. Thats about $2 per acre. http://www.landwatch.com/Coimbatore-Tamil-Nadu-India-Land-for-sale/pid/173381729

#12     Apr 25, 2011
  3. you are flat-out stupid. you must be a troll.

#13     Apr 25, 2011
  4. I will sell you all you want at those prices.

#14     Apr 25, 2011
  5. There is a place in South Africa where you will get land for FREE. You just need 4 strong sticks/woods and many miles long rope. Just install the 4 sticks in 4 directions and tie them with the rope and immediately you are the owner of 20 acres or 100 acres or 10,000 acres of land for FREE

But this in not agricultural land. Here you will find Diamonds. This area is rich in Kimberlite stone which produces diamonds of high quality.

Finders keepers rule applies to this place in South Africa. The first comer can claim as many acres of land as he/she wants.

#15     Apr 26, 2011
  6. #16     Apr 26, 2011
  7. The high scale neighhoods or places in Paris, Hong Kong, london must be having $80,000 for 400 square feet apartment.

#17     Apr 26, 2011
  8. jokepie

jokepie

#18     Apr 26, 2011
  9. luisHK

luisHK

In Bearice wild dreams, possibly, but not in upscale Paris, HKG or London ..

. Paris is probably the cheapest of those 3 cities at the moment and in good areas it's 1350usd/sqf up. Actually I read Challenges, a french business magazine, from a couple of weeks ago and they quote prices from 10000 to 25000Euros per sqm in the upscale neighboroughs - for larger surfaces, smaller apartments like 400sqf typically cost more. 10000 will be for the lousy locations in those good areas. Hong Kong real estate is through the roof again and I haven't checked London for a while but it was way more expensive than Paris' before the crisis.

#19     Apr 26, 2011
  10. I dont know how people can pay so much for a shithole in Paris when there are better deals. For instance...

1.45 million euros for a 700 sq ft 1bedroom apt near the eiffel tower. http://justfrancesales.com/property...es/PARIS.html?view=Descriptions&sort=Location

or

1.5 million euros for a 12,000 sq ft castle, 12 bedrooms 6 baths, with 25 acres of land thats about 1 1/2 hours from paris by train. http://www.vente-chateau.net/castle-sale.htm

Which would you pick? Shithole with short commute, or live like a king?

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

#20     Apr 26, 2011