Worst FGBL volume this year?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BuyHiSellLo, Aug 11, 2008.

1. What do you mean?

#11     Aug 11, 2008
  2. I mean speak for yourself mate,it's that simple.

I can't believe that you didn't understand a 4 word post.

I'm also still waiting for the answer on page one,second question.If you don't want to answer this then do me a favour and piss off.I'm not interested in debating with an idiot.

#12     Aug 12, 2008
  3. oy oy, sounds like the beginning of a little eurex smack down mates.
    i am putting 50 quid on buy high sell low, and takers?

#13     Aug 14, 2008
  4. Yet another cracking day in this product!!!

( 320,000 traded by 15.40 CET)
    And please no replies, saying " No data, summer" etc..

#14     Aug 18, 2008
  5. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

The fixed income derivatives segment reached 38.8 million contracts (August 2007: 67.6 million, August 2006: 50 million). The Euro-Bund Future totaled 15 million contracts, the Euro-Bobl Future 9.9 million contracts and the Euro-Schatz Future 9.5 million contracts.

So thats 42% lower volume than August'07 and 22% lower than August'08.

Just a heads up for those interested

http://www.eurexchange.com/about/press/press_591_en.html

#15     Sep 2, 2008
  6. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Typo: 22% lower than August'06.

#16     Sep 3, 2008
  7. An interesting thing here is the way Eurex blame inflated volume during Aug 07 on the US credit crunch making Aug 08 look worse than it should, but what about being down from Aug 06,I can't remember an occurance in 06 that would have inflated volumes thus making Aug 08 look so shit.

#17     Sep 3, 2008
  8. FGBL07

FGBL07

I just looked up the data for the ZN and the CME Group Volume report shows a decline of 45% from August 2007 to August 2008 (38mil to 21mil).

I do not have any data for August 2006, anyone?

Thanks

#18     Sep 3, 2008
  9. well well well eurex and liffe for that matter.

you reap what you sow.

you jumped into bed with your algo quant system wanker friends because they did so much volume and you promised them all low transaction costs.

now you have plumetting exchange volume on a low fee based system with a share price getting crushed.

that is no revenue what so ever.

good. you all fucking deserve it.

when the board meets over the next few months lets hope they sack the account managers that represent the algo companies and all they stood for.

your model is now completely flawed and exposed and its too late to change it.

the only people paying full exchage fees including me ( locals and individuals ) represent less than 5 per cent of the total market so you cant even put our fees up to compensate.

your volumes will continue to fall , your revenues decline and your share price get crushed.

when i pointed this out to them several years ago i was told i did not know what i was talking about.

ha fucking ha.

i hope you lose the houses you live in and the clothes on you back you gutless turds.

isnt life a bitch.

#19     Sep 3, 2008
  10. kopite

kopite

have Liffe volumes fallen though?

#20     Sep 3, 2008