Worst CNBC shows

Discussion in 'Economics' started by stock_trad3r, Mar 10, 2008.

1. CStar

CStar

I didn't see this one in the poll, but I like to watch Maria Bartolome... Oh, I don't listen to her, I just like to watch her.(breathe, breath, breath) - just kidding. :D

Actually, I do like her as a financial reporter and for Closing Bell, although I haven't watched CNBC for the past couple of months. and I know before that she was off for a while. I used to watch Kudlow for the guests and try to tune out Larry. That cost me a lot of money...Not from lost investments, from money spent on meditation courses that teach you to tune things out but hey, It's Larry Kudlow, so I consider that a good investment. I've got your Goldie Locks Economy right here Lar!

Cramer's show is fun. That's spelled with one 'm' on purpose, because he crams so much into one show. Love the guys heart and the work he puts into it but his head isn't always in the right place. Can you say Annaly Capital Management boys and girls. (Although that one is naturally up about 6% today due Bennie and the Fed. Attractive dividend yield but that could change and in a non-attractive sector.

Fast money or NFL Today? I constantly get those two confused. I think they pick to late and too high but that could be just me.

I don't think I watch Squawk Box. I don't have to, I'm married.

Donny Douche? I could watch him or I could help World Hunger by starving myself to death, instead. Oh well, they have a lot of time slots to fill and I’m betting he has relatives in the biz.

So I guess I don’t watch for the ‘shows’ very much but I do like the news reporting during trading time and the overall format.

Pete

#11     Mar 11, 2008
  2. you got that right. the channel gets switched off when that twit comes on.

#12     Mar 11, 2008
  3. rickf

rickf

So today I turned on CNBC at the close to get a quick recap (I dont have bloomberg in my office yet, only the living room TV).....talk about worthless programming! Maria's Closing Bell has this annoying 'bell sound' they play during screen wipes between stories. It gets old real quick, and is a totally meaningless sound effect.

No wonder I stopped regularly watching CNBC a while ago.

#13     Mar 11, 2008
  4. CStar

CStar

Thanks for that! :D

Well they certainly partied hardy today on CNBC. Sometimes I like PBS Nightly Business Report with Paul Kangas more because he leaves the hype out. I still think NBR is a better market recap than Closing Bell.

Pete

#14     Mar 11, 2008