Worse than the Great Depression

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ProfitTakgFool, Nov 6, 2008.

1. karol88

karol88

[​IMG]

#51     Nov 7, 2008
  2. I agree in the sense that I don't see disaster unless there's 1) a derivative meltdown, 2) a major terrorist attack or 3) more banking institituions fail that they anticipated. Both are unlikely in my (completely layman's) opinion. I see #2 as much more likely but don't believe it will happen for a few decades.

#52     Nov 8, 2008
  3. That is a great illustration of how markets are markets even though it's 70 whatever years later. And, as I pointed out, look at the recent oil chart. That's what makes trading interesting, eh?

#53     Nov 8, 2008
  4. Great job Karol!

#54     Nov 8, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

probably. the republicans set the precedent by giving out large sums of money without getting anything in return.
    everybody in the country should have gotten shares in those companies that received gov't aid.
    the shoddy republican plan will show nothing for it thereby giving the democrats an all clear sign to continue nationalizing the economy.

#55     Nov 8, 2008
  6. The real tax problem is that we are taxing the wrong thing. Whatever you tax is discouraged.

We tax work. So, if rates get raised it discourages people from working and makes additional outsourcing to overseas a profitable move. Is that really what we want?

#56     Nov 8, 2008
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

=war. This is very similar set-up as in pre-wwII in Germany. And all this shit started by a double top in the S&P500, because everything was fine until S&P500 reached 1600 and the selling took place. Pure technical markets, this is 100% proof.

#57     Nov 8, 2008
  8. As you probably know a majority of House Democrats APPROVED the bailout while a majority of House Republicans REJECTED the plan....

#58     Nov 8, 2008
  9. heypa

heypa

Simply stated.
    Wall street greed did this to us.
    The country coulda handled the housing price bubble,but not the derivative multiplier.Wall street "owned" a significant
    portion of congress(mostly democraps IMHO) and applied new definitions to what they were doing thereby escaping regulation.
    As a result of the extreme ill defined (unknown) leverage there is no known way out. The usual gummint solution to any problem is being applied. THROW MONEY AT IT.
    The present world wide economic system is doomed. I believe the system has gone over the cliff.
    Picture the cartoon of the cowboy on his horse on the way down pulling on the reins yelling"Whoa you son of a bitch whoa!"
    About as affective as throwing imaginary money at the problem.

#59     Nov 8, 2008
  10. perr

perr

zdreg

Probably. The republicans set the precedent by giving out large sums of money without getting anything in return.
    everybody in the country should have gotten shares in those companies that received gov't aid.
    the shoddy republican plan will show nothing for it thereby giving the democrats an all clear sign to continue nationalizing the economy
    =========================================

Why they didn't get shares is part of grabbing the money, from the good people of the United States of America. WE KNOW HOW TO HOLD ON TO OUR MONEY, AND they don't, gov't that is.

This is a money grab.

Both party's are sumbags and the gov't. They all know what there doing, and are not dumb like some like to say they are.

You will see company's use their secret weapon, which is filling Bankruptcy to GRAB ALL THE MONEY
    from us.

trade well (be carefully on low price stocks).
    perr

#60     Nov 8, 2008