Worm Attack

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Apparently this latest variant of a similar worm called "Code Red" is infecting a known exploit with MS SQL Servers.

So, unless you are a business using a SQL server, this worm will have no effect on your personal computer except to possibly cause minor delays in reaching certain areas of the internet.

90% of this crap wouldn't happen if system administrators kept current with security patches and fixes.

2. Slashdot is a great resource. The amazing think about geeks is that there is always a super-geek out there that makes you look like an amateur. Slashdot is home to some big-time, heavy-hitting, soda and pizza eatting ultra-geeks. Great resource for people who want to learn how things work (some of the posts are very technical, though).

3. qdz2

qdz2

Well, that's too optimistic. If the net is congested, many service will malfunction.

:p

4. Thank you for these replies...

Is this worm likely to cause stuff like Paltalk to freeze up?

5. qdz2

qdz2

This thread should go to Software forum.

Please respond in my "worm attack" thread that I started earlier. Hey, do not preempt my fill.

:p

6. 100% of this crap wouldn't happen if the malicious people who write this crap, didn't write it and instead put their talents to a constuctive, rather than a destructive use.

7. but will not affect integrity of your data or of your hardware/software.
    Good thing it happened on a week end night, nothing worse than having delay on feed or broker.

8. That's what you get for direct-routing your thread to the Software Exchange. You should have used SMART, which would have sent it right to the Trading Exchange.

#10     Jan 25, 2003