worm attack

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by qdz2, Jan 25, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

2. Harry123

Harry123

To the person who posted that the DNS servers were expired with Realtick...could you please tell me exactly what this impacts?
    For example will it impact our financial recordds with them..aka how much money we have with them? Are our balances going to be all screwed up? etc etc. Thks.

#12     Jan 25, 2003
  3. qdz2

qdz2

So what do your firms say?

:p
    ---
    This is the original worm attack thread. Please fill this one first.

#13     Jan 27, 2003
  4. qdz2

qdz2

#14     Jan 27, 2003
  5. qdz2

qdz2

MSFT should be held accountable for this mess. Fine for damages. Period.

So should NASD be held accoutable for all loss due to PDT rules. Fine for damages. Period.

BAC sux, ATMs down due to this? Withdraw all your cash now. And see BAC derivatives crash the finacial world.

#15     Jan 27, 2003
  6. Unfortunately there has been a patch for this problem for the past 6 months. Most unfortunately, there is no patch for human laziness and stupidity.

#16     Jan 27, 2003
  7. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

hey here's a mini-scanner from mcafee, eg

vil.nai.com 'stinger' .. to check for this latest worm, and a few others:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

referenced from their info page

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99992.htm

ken

and I -still- say, hey it's great to have that goback program from roxio.com , eg if I do anything that causes a problem on my pc (eg bad driver install), or a virus hits it or whatever, can revert the drive to a couple hours ago or whatever.. also nice to have the new sony dvd burner for backups and dvdxcopy.com

#17     Jan 27, 2003
  8. qdz2

qdz2

any update on the situation today?

#18     Jan 27, 2003
  9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

nonevent: everything is working for us. MS will not be held liable - its up to the customer to correctly configure their systems. Once you buy a license it is up to you or your firm to hire the talent necessary to use the software. This is the world of software: if you cant afford to hire good talent and /or dont like the software then uninstall it and use something else .......

.... Maybe someday this will change but for now you get what you pay for when you hire or contract IT or software talent. If you pay nothing you usually get nothing .....

#19     Jan 27, 2003
  10. qdz2

qdz2

Yes, there is something going on.

We need talents to run software but idiots to write 'em. Where are those month-training certificate holders. Again, I don't look down or blame them. It is not their fault. It was all the fu*king cheating liar manipulators like those Y2K f*ckers. Yeah apply our patches, buy our training, and you will be fine. Meanwhile I collect premium.

Well, what can you say? Don't worry. At least we got computer junki running around everywhere and try to rip everything like trading as a business.

#20     Jan 27, 2003