World's most liveable cities!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MohdSalleh, Apr 7, 2010.

1. I was in Amsterdam less than a week before someone tried to pickpocket me. Not to mention the 5000 times someone on the street asked me if i wanted to buy cocaine. I kid you not that at least a dozen times I walked by 3 black guys that were standing no further than 5 to 10 feet apart trying to sell the same drugs. They are like "want to buy some coke?" "no" next guy "want to buy some coke?" "no" the 3rd guy "want to buy some coke?" "damn...you just heard me say no to those other 2 guys because you are standing so close to each other...what makes you think I changed my mind in the last half a second?"

But maybe the person that wrote this article is a big junkie. I mean...those cities are very livable for junkies. You dont what to be stoned at 4am and not have anywhere to go buy food.

#11     Apr 8, 2010
  2. If you make 500k per year, you can have a great lifestyle anywhere. I think you could have a better lifestyle elsewhere than those cities though.

#12     Apr 8, 2010
  3. I call bullshit.

#13     Apr 8, 2010
  4. Stop wearing those white sneakers!

#14     Apr 8, 2010
  5. Lethn

Lethn

Who do you think I'm more likely to trust, one lone guy who says he's been there for a week and is just telling his experiences or CNN and their news team?

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! CNN is less worthy than a random stranger on the internet in my view :)

#15     Apr 8, 2010
  6. aegis

aegis

The article should be titled "World Most Livable Cities...For Millionaires!"

Try Omaha, NE. Affordable homes, decent paying jobs, crime rates are relatively low, and the city's not too big nor too small.

#16     Apr 8, 2010
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

So why don't we change the title and ask:

Most liveable small cities, let's say under 100K per year?

Reno, NV: You can fly everywhere, CA is just a 30 mins drive away, Lake Tahoe very close, skiing, cheap entertainment, no state tax. San Francisco is only 4 hours...

Sedona, AZ : Artsy community, close to Phoenix but without the people. Maybe more expensive, but the area is beautiful. Also skiing nearby...

Bozeman, MT: Big sky, skiing, nature galore.

etc.etc.etc.

#17     Apr 8, 2010