world's most high-profile climate change sceptic now believes global warming is true

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

There is an upside. I won't have to travel so far to get to the beach.

#41     Sep 6, 2010
  2. It's somewhat funny how desperately people want to believe plant food is somehow going to destroy the world.

funny, yet utterly pathetic and despicable.

Most of Gore's movie, which millions of today's youth has been indoctrinated with, has been totally proven wrong, yet still the fools march on toward their holy grail of taxing carbon, the building block of all life.

Either fools, or tyrannical scumbags.

#42     Sep 6, 2010
  3. who nominated this guy "world's most high-profile climate change skeptic " anyhow?

No less then the widely acknowledged father of climatology is on record as saying that 'Global Warming' is Utter Rubbish. (not his exact words, his were more scathing)

#43     Sep 6, 2010
  4. Please, one of you 'global warmists' reply to this....

I'm an insomniac, I can only sleep after I've thrashed one of you idiots

#44     Sep 6, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

6. Ricter

Ricter

Good luck thrashing someone if you have not even read the OP's article source.

#46     Sep 10, 2010
  7. Arnie

Arnie

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703376504575491643716526782.html

After years of being accused of believing something I didn't believe—or, more accurately, not believing something I really did—I made headlines last month for changing my mind even though I hadn't.

Confused? Imagine how I feel.

It's worth explaining what happened to me because it tells us something important about why the global warming debate has produced so little in the way of results.

First, a little background. Ever since 2001, when I published "The Skeptical Environmentalist"—a book in which I argued that the world's environmental problems were getting better—I've been wrongly accused of being a global warming denier.

The fact that I've always asserted the reality of man-made climate change never seemed to make an impression on my critics. What mattered was that I had the temerity to question two key tenets of the received wisdom about global warming: I was skeptical of the idea that we were facing the apocalypse, and I didn't accept that the only solution was to mandate drastic cuts in carbon emissions.

That's the way it is with heresy—there is no middle ground. Either you believe global warming is the worst problem mankind has ever faced and that cutting carbon is the only solution, or you are an antiscientific ignoramus who probably thinks the Earth is flat.

#47     Sep 15, 2010