world's most high-profile climate change sceptic now believes global warming is true

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Here's a quote from Alley's video which was supposed to debunk a point I was making but in fact supports it:

"we know that the orbits drive the warming that causes the CO2 rise that causes more warming..."

#21     Sep 1, 2010
  2. Wars are fought for money, not religion. Wars are all about who gets what, not about what happens when we die.

Dont be so naive. I dont ever remember an american president saying "We are going to war with that country because they dont believe in our God!"

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just trying to stir up trouble and that you really are not that stupid that you think wars are caused by religion.

#22     Sep 1, 2010
  3. how stupid can you be? even for you this is a stupid statement. why do you think we are fighting wars in the middle east?

#23     Sep 1, 2010
  4. Arnie

Arnie

The thing that gets me is that Temps rise well before CO2, yet they say man made CO2 causes warming.:confused: I guess it could add to warming, but really, how much CO2 do we add?

Another interesting thing about that graph is the very sharp decline in temps after every rise. What the hell causes that?

#24     Sep 1, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Cap and Trade??? :D

#25     Sep 1, 2010
  6. jem

jem

cap and trade...
    I truly laughed out loud.

#26     Sep 1, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

#27     Sep 1, 2010
  8. jem

jem

I appreciate the link. And if there were a chance it could not be corrupted by politics, I expect water to be part of cap and trade system some day.

I saw the humor not being not just this cap and trade bill, but the idea that cap and trade would be of any effect at all given those big temperature drops in the previous cycles.

Could you see the dinosaurs saying what if we ate more meat or adam and eve saying - its getting hot, what if we stopped eating meat?

#28     Sep 1, 2010
  9. Hmm...let me think.

[​IMG]

#29     Sep 1, 2010
  10. You really haven't been listening have you? Over geologic time, at higher temperature rock weathering draws down CO2. Rock weathering is far too slow to deal with the rapid increase of atmospheric CO2 caused by humans.

#30     Sep 1, 2010