World's largest snake caught!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Can you imagine being swallowed whole by this thing?

http://www.wftv.com/news/2732086/detail.html

JAKARTA, Indonesia -- Indonesian villagers claim to have captured a python that is 49.21 feet long and weighs nearly 1,000 pounds, a local official said Monday.

If confirmed, it would be the largest snake ever kept in captivity.

Hundreds of people have flocked to see the snake at a primitive zoo in Curugsewu village on the country's main island of Java, Republika daily reported. It splashed two large pictures of the reptile across its back page.

Local government official Rachmat said the reticulated python measured 14.85 meters (49 feet) and weighed in at 447 kilograms (985 pounds).

The Guinness Book of World Records lists the longest ever captured snake to be 9.75 meters (32 feet). The heaviest--a Burmese Python kept in Gurnee, Illinois--weighs 182.76 kilograms (403 pounds), the book said on its Web site.

Rebublika said the snake, which was caught last year but only recently put on public display, eats three or four dogs a month.

Reticulated pythons are the world's longest snakes. They are capable of eating animals as large as sheep, and have been known to attack and consume humans.

The species is native to the swamps and jungles of Southeast Asia.

2. that would be cool

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have heard this and I'm not sure if its true but when these pythons eat their prey, human or otherwise, they don't kill them right away. They actually swallow you alive, you then spend some time inside the snake and then they spit you back out for a little bit while your still alive and then swallow you again. LOL. Seems like Disney could turn this into a ride or something at a theme park. LOL.

4. This is without a doubt, your BEST post to date!

I have also heard that earlier this year their was a missing oil worker in Indonesia somewhere out in the jungle that had been eaten by just such a snake.

They didn't know where the guy had gone until they found the snake and opened him up, to find the oil worker!

:eek:

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't know if you are being serious or not but I do know that they have found live animals inside snakes that have been there for days. I think the problem with the snakes is that it takes weeks for them to digest their prey. If you are being serious then that is an interesting story and if your not being serious, well, thanks for the entertainment.

6. Well, if you are ever swallowed by one of these snakes you will realise that the name of the game is to eat the snake from the inside quicker than it digests you...

7. I'm totally serious about this.

I even have photos to prove it from a friend of the family.
    Happened down in South America, and not in Indonesia as I had stated earlier.

:)

8. I found the google ad for "Bali Real Estate" kind of an odd placement for a story about man-eating pythons. "Move to Bali and have 50 foot pythons in your yard. Your dream home."

9. #10     Dec 31, 2003