Worldco R.I.P. 1993-2003 ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bmwstox, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Ah, I should've just copied and pasted this!

#31     Mar 6, 2003
  2. * Paul Marcontel is a good guy and a professional. Cutting him was a mistake.

* Belzberg has always sucked and getting rid of it is like getting rid of an alcoholic spouse. ISI is solid as a rock -- no frills, and therefore no whizbang to lock up your machine. Slow to manipulate, but dependable.

* WLDC is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, firm of its kind. It's been controversial at times. Being as big and aggressive as it is, it's no wonder it attracts a lot of attention when it scales back in what some people still fail to recognize as a paradigm shift in this industry.

* these various diatribes against worldco are assinine. people who whine about not being pampered really don't have the character that makes one successful -- at trading or at anything else. They may have a great talent, like a gifted athlete, but talent and character are by no means synonymous. Fortunately for the rest of us, character (even character in development) can outwit talent, and almost always outlasts it.

#32     Mar 6, 2003
  3. I think that's BS what you're claiming about your "friend." I'll know for sure if its BS soon enough!! As far as Hitman's trading, sometimes he may trade too small, but sometimes it may be the sign of an intelligent guy holding back. After all, any idiot down in his account can trade big size!! What does that prove?? BTW, Elite banned him for hyping Worldco while being essentially a member of management (a head trader), despite the fact Worldco doesn't sponsor Elite (otherwise it would be OK, as Bright is allowed to do this).

#33     Mar 6, 2003
  4. Hitman, like many head traders in this environment at many companies, actually didn't even make money on his team until a few months ago, and probably no longer (so it took over a year for him to collect a check, and now he probably won't be getting one again for a long time, if ever).

#34     Mar 6, 2003
  5. Well,

I had the chance the work with a hedgefund manager that grossed over 35 million in 2001.

He started at Worldco, then switched to PTJP, then went independent

But he was also married to the owners wife.

For those who work there, you know who I'm talking about. He's a legend and a legend in his own mind :)

So for those who are still there, you still got a chance.

:D :D

#35     Mar 6, 2003

6. married to the owners wife :confused: :eek:

#36     Mar 6, 2003
  7. NYNY

NYNY

Who you talking about? no the guy who got smoke for 6 MIL in one day and got fired.

#37     Mar 6, 2003
  8. nice catch, surf. that one went right by me. sounds like something that would happen on wall street, though.

#38     Mar 6, 2003
  9. wow, just the depressing office environment should be enough to scare people away, why not trade remote or get a job.

#39     Mar 6, 2003
  10. i think all prop firms have the atmosphere of funeral parlors these days. it's bear market <i>sentiment</i>.

#40     Mar 6, 2003