Worldco LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Hitman, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am upgrading the website in January. I am not a fan of "bells and whistles" or slow downloads (and I know it is pretty basic, I do it myself).

Enough capital is around $500,000 - $2Mil (in general) for traders to make a good living at this. The $25K or $10K, or whatever, is just there to show that we are both taking some risk. Yours is limited to the amount you put up, ours is the amount of capital being used.

We feel that being surrounded by successful traders help in your success as well. We have nearly 100 people in our (3) Vegas offices alone, and try to make room for new people in our main training room

Good News: (little "plug")...We have just been authorized to add 250 new "proprietary remote access" traders to the firm in 2002. The "Bright-at-Home" program will be announced at the Expo in NYC in February. We finally have all the approvals and necessary risk controls in place to allow this happen.

Good Luck in your new endeavour. (I apologize to others for the seemingly "advertisement" here), and feel free to call me to discuss. 800.249.7488

#41     Dec 20, 2001
  2. Don, in your last post you mention "Yours is limited to the amount you put up, ours is the amount of capital being used. So say i have 25k in my account and I have an open 5000 share long position in a $50 stock and the stock for whatever reason is halted and drops 10 points after opening back up where i lose 50k. So since i have 25k in the account which i lose, does Bright lose the other 25k or do i now owe the firm 25k?

#42     Dec 20, 2001
  3. Being a member of our LLC means that you are limited to only the amount you put up (i.e. we "eat" the rest in your example). We try our very best to give every level of trader the best possible advantage....hope this helps.

#43     Dec 20, 2001
  4. not a bad deal...i wonder if all LLC's are like this.

#44     Dec 20, 2001
  5. virgin

virgin

Hitman,

I'm into e-mini's trading. Does Worldco offer the possibilities

to trade them ?

Maybe they don't in general but if I would show consistent

results, maybe they would ,no ?

#45     Dec 20, 2001
  6. Hitman

Hitman

We only offer listed trading if you are starting out with little to no capital. Unlike other firms we don't even pretend that we are the best in everything, it is plain impossible.

We have a hedge fund (PTJP) division and if you show dedication, there is always an opportunity to be promoted from within, and at that level of the game, everything and I mean everything is open to you.

#46     Dec 20, 2001
  7. Hitman,

Since you asked for potential candidate's age/location/experience, I'll ask: what is the cutoff age?

LB

#47     Dec 22, 2001
  8. Hitman

Hitman

I got in when I was 20, I am not aware of a cut-off age, but realistically 18 and older I am thinking.

#48     Dec 22, 2001
  9. I guess the question made it sound like there was an upward age limit. My mistake.

LB

#49     Dec 22, 2001
  10. Eighteen is the minimum for most SRO's. The upward limit is based on desire and background. We had a father-son team who did well, until the son retired at age 60.

My wife teaches 3rd grade, and I would like to start teaching them at that age (before they get brainwashed by Wall Street)...but alas, we have to wait!!

:)

#50     Dec 22, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.