Worldco LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Hitman, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman,

Were you at the Worldco booth at the expo in NY?

#241     Mar 5, 2002
  2. ericdh

ericdh

Hitman, gotta hand it to you, your threads measure responses in the 10's of thousands while most measure in the 10's or perhaps 1000's.

I also would like to compliment Don on his contributions to the board. In searching out for a prop firm, it was the way he handled himself under constant fire from folks like TraderJim that caused me to give his firm serious consideration.

I agree that sometimes Don throws a zinger across the board, but his positive contributions and helpful insights ABOUT TRADING far exceed these blips. They also certainly outweigh anything from TraderJimR and uptick, although I usually enjoy upticks posts.

There are many, many folks on this board who never contribute anything positive, in fact, it seems that they use bashing folks on the board as a major form of entertainment. Some folks just seem to need to put others down in order to feel good about themselves I guess.

It is no wonder folks like Tony Oz and a dozen others no longer post to the boards.

One last note, in investigating all the various prop/prof firms Don's firm also ended up with the best situation for me personally, whether I trade remotely or in their office. You would never know that reading these boards, each person needs to do their own "due diligence". My list is now down to Bright Trading, or continuing as a retail trader.

#242     Mar 5, 2002
  3. eric-
    just for my own info, 'cause I'm looking for a pro firm too...what is it about Bright trading that fits your situation?

#243     Mar 5, 2002
  4. ericdh

ericdh

Uptick

Several points swayed me, including, their fees included ecn fees, which for some may not matter if mostly listed but I have a small basket of big cap techs I trade, the bullets and haircuts were the same or better, they have a program for 15k vs 25 k, (in fact they are rumored to be sweetening the deal shortly on per share charges ), they are willing to be flexible on trading in the office or at home or a combination, and they will return your money if it doesn't work out within a month vs 1 year for most of the other firms, due to exchange restrictions.

My original intention was to trade remote with them, but after a couple visits to the office in Minneapolis, I see myself trading there at least 4 days a week and at home on Fridays (probably less in slow summer months). I was also impressed with the set up in the office, while not quite as nice as my home set up, more than adequate, and the attitude was, "what do you need, we will see about getting it".

Last, but not least, I am very interested in the opening and pairs plays to add to the set ups I currently trade, and the manager in Mpls seemed to have an excellent handle on these trades and willingness to work with teaching them to me( at least on my two visits).
    If you have any other questions just pm me.

Eric

:)

#244     Mar 5, 2002
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

As this thread has gotten quite long, please start a Worldco LLC Pt. 2 thread for further discussions on that subject. Thank you.

#245     Mar 5, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.