Worldco Llc - Walter Bruan Scott Comes Out Of Hiding..

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Copernicus, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVP

MVP

If you play with fire you're going to get burned. Prop trading has a dark side and if you choose to go there you better have your A game on.

It is time to move on.

#41     Nov 16, 2005
  2. Do you want to know why? Because There is no inflation
    in Thailand despite any economy growth.

You might ask how this is possible? :D
    Because 95% Thais don't earn shit, so there is much room
    for any inflation or property price appreciation.

Then where all the money goes to?
    Goes to Rich Thais (chinese thais), and foreign companies
    and foreign real estate companies, in return they employ
    Thai people and plenty of tax money for thai government
    which goes to building bangkok infrastructure and they are
    building new airport with biggest terminal in the world and
    largest airport in Asia as region aviation hub which can handle
    100 million passenger a year.

I read this from Bangkok post few weeks ago
    Every year just 60,000 foreigner get Non-immigrant visa
    through buying apartments in Bangkok alone (Bangkok
    will is going to explode considering current 20-24 million resident)

Apartment buyers ranking (...>3 million baht) last year:
    -Japanese 5.5K+
    -Indian 5K+
    -chinese 5K+
    -American 4.5K+
    -British 4K+

#42     Nov 16, 2005
  3. megadon

megadon

ok im a guy .....trying very hard to do bis with him now ..........i was also at wldc in its hayday........i have been trading commodities........thats his big thing now........ok.......thats what his new hong kong office is all about.........he is trading raw materials .......sourcing worldwide via bangkok to mainland china via hong kong..........oil.....steel......industrial diamonds......gold......chemicals......he is also presently a advisor to the thai senate comission of finance and banking....this is now his main focus in addition to the other things witch are smaller....when he is in the states hes in palm beach mostly or ny........thats where i saw him the other night at the breakers hotel with his guys........ok

#43     Nov 16, 2005

4. sounds like good business. walter's business acumen can never be underestimated. he would have been called a genius if market volatility didnt crater in so quicky and he was able to sell out publically at the top.

#44     Nov 16, 2005

5. Cut your crap, who is going to buy Diamonds, Gold from Thailand?

Thailand is not know for this things, except for silver and precious stones like jade, ruby, ..... i hear this for first time.

Secondly, Why anyone have to ship to China Via hongkong?
    Cargos goes directly to china from bankok, what a bunch of lies

#45     Nov 16, 2005
  6. megadon

megadon

to nana ......you have not got a clue.....sorry ......read the world is flat by thomas friedman its about globalization.....he sources from bk ....he connects with his chinese contacts in hong kong ....where and how the actual shipping takes place is not important......but i believe he sources in bk because probably 25 percent of the worlds goods stop their.......microsofts asian headquarters is also in bk.......if your really in bk look arround you its huge and its not because of nana plaza.....all the australian steel....nickle....iorn....gold ......stops their....just get in a tuk tuk and tell the driver to take you to see the port ........really ......and talk to some people and you will see ......thats why hes their ..hes in bk because it has laws and hk for the same reason...someone has got to fuel chinas explosion of wealth in the middle classes over the next five yrs.....location is not important their was is a guy in switzerland named marc rich who did the same thing over the past 30 years an article in buisness week entitled the rich boys estimated his net worth at 2...3...billion ........read it i did ....this is what hes trying to do now .......mabye it will work if it does i want to be involved ...m

#46     Nov 16, 2005
  7. megadon

megadon

oh and by the way at worldco in 02 he had 15 thai senators visit him at the firm for 4 hrs .....their was a big lunch and he entertained them all over n.y.....thats a fact............i think thats when he set it up ......and his wife is thai......ok...m

#47     Nov 16, 2005
  8. You see :D :D I got you. You have nothing or don't know
    to say now but start joking

#48     Nov 16, 2005
  9. megadon

megadon

im not joking.....im just trying to find out more.....i heard he went to oxford university when he was younger.......and that he was doing buisness in england ....london ......trading ipos in us companys that issued stock in europe when he was in school their..........he knows a lot of people thats for sure in a lot of places......m

#49     Nov 16, 2005
  10. walter's wife is not tai. at least not the one he had at WLDC.

bs alert.

#50     Nov 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.