Worldco Llc - Walter Bruan Scott Comes Out Of Hiding..

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Copernicus, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megadon

megadon

he has been available on bloomberg since aug of 04 in bangkok....thats a fact.......also many people speak with him every week at least.....especially his former inner circle of traders.......also if you read the nasd news release he was fined and forebidden to enter a brokerage house for 90 days...and that explaines that...........right....look at the date on the nasd clipp ....its right arround the time worldco closed.............i think its amazing that were still talking about this guy after what 5 ....6......years.......wow......if you know anything really important i would like to know it ......i mean i can learn about him .......no doubt he knows where the money is .......m

#31     Nov 15, 2005
  2. walter, you're a character. I liked you because you respected me. I thought the way you did business was really one-sided but I realize now that's just the way New Yorkers are.

You were a maverick of sorts and I thought that was cool. I think you basically are a good guy and I wish you well.

You think big and bounce back and I respect that. Hope you and yours are well.

#32     Nov 15, 2005
  3. My theory is........ megadon is Walter's conscience speaking............. anyway I found his long punctuation................. hypnotic...................

#33     Nov 15, 2005
  4. jem

jem

I tell you who kicked ass on fees. It was andover, not World Co. World Cos fees were not even a stumbling block to the competition.

Andover's (which became assent) fees were so low, it made no sense to compete. As an office owner at the time I know. I had been with Bright as a new trader, I started one of the first offices for Van Buren. We had some profitable medium high volume guys. I switched clearing firms and LLCs to get technology, prices and protection from blow up for my traders. I was pretty well aware of the pricing from just about all the groups. Andover got down to insane pricing for a while.

I believe andover did it in anticipation of selling out.

#34     Nov 16, 2005
  5. bolter

bolter

Nana Trader,
    You're based in Thailand? Nana in your handle wouldn't be a reference to Nana Plaza by chance? One of my favourite R&R spots in Bangkok - where the notion of "trading" takes on a whole new dimension.

#35     Nov 16, 2005
  6. How utterly amusing it is to watch as Walter or his biggest fan comes to this community in an attempt to salvage his just deserved reputation of being a scoundrel. In my opinion, he would be better served to apologize and take some responsibility for the well-known disastrous situation that ultimately came to be when the firm, which he started himself, unraveled leaving all of the trader's equity in a black hole behind a sea of red debt. Where did all of the many millions of profits earned during the glory years go? whoosh.... long gone by the time the problems got too severe. Where was Walter when it started to unravel? Whoosh.. gone... showing his face less and less over a period of time until finally he was a long time completely gone before the final blow-up. To say that he did not disappear is a lie.

What does it means that a few "inner circle" traders still talk to him regularly? Not much.... heck, even the devil has some friends. Those guys are probably the same ones who were always kissing his rear every day, sucking up to worship a charismatic guy who had money and big ideas, like a bunch of teen-aged girls looking for a wink from a heartthrob. Maybe they got a few crumbs tossed their way or that extra tenth off their rate, who knows, good for them.

What strikes me the most is how this poster, whoever he is, has the gaul to suggest that anyone who is harboring ill-will or expressing angst should apologize and admit that they were wrong if they ever get their own money back. Anyone who makes a statement like that and thinks that way exposes a lot about themselves and their character.... where they view their own place in the world versus others.

Reputation is everything on Wall Street. That is why Walter is gone from that street. The traders were left holding the bag.

#36     Nov 16, 2005
  7. Yes, used to be a favorite spot, but now It's a worst spot to me.

I decided to find out about scott after getting few PMs
    (deleted 'em), and i don't intend to do it anymore, since he
    isn't a trader himself, and I'm not sure he has anything
    good to offer after reading all discussions here.

I have no information on this guy.

#37     Nov 16, 2005
  8. While Nana's here and we're talking Thailand - last weekend's edition of the Financial Times ran a good, long article about expats settling in Phuket with kids and everything. Seems more and more expats are settling there.

I guess that is old news, but if someone was really interested they could probably scrounge up an online copy of the article somewhere.

#38     Nov 16, 2005
  9. the contact came live about two months ago, maybe asian regional had him from august 04 if there is such a thing.

megadon you are either walter, or someone still doing business with him.

#39     Nov 16, 2005
  10. its not Walter.
    it just hit me,

Hello Chris Bruan...

#40     Nov 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.