worldco going out of business??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by st0ckman, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmwstox

bmwstox

From a legal standpoint, can any of these traders get their money back? Are there going to be lawsuits? Has Worldco pulled an Enron?

#211     Oct 13, 2003
  2. cuda

cuda

#212     Oct 13, 2003
  3. bmwstox

bmwstox

#213     Oct 13, 2003
  4. There may be lawsuits, but there is no way at this time for traders to get there money back. And it is likely even with a lawsuit traders will never fully be made, as lawyers say, "whole."

#214     Oct 13, 2003
  5. cuda

cuda

I'm not even going to bother with you b/c I remember you complaining about worldco a long time ago. You're immature and it's not worth wasting my time.

I for one never touted worldco. If you were a good trader you were treated well. If you weren't good, you weren't treated well. No one saw this coming though and it took a lot of people by surprise. I work(ed) there, true, but I never bothered looking for a new place b/c I really didn't plan on sticking with trading for the long term. I made money, it was kinda fun, but it's just not for me. Seems I just had my choice made for me a little quicker than I thought. Very lucky for me I took the majority of my capital out months ago and I may or may not only lose a few grand. I'd obviously rather have it than not, but what are you going to do.

I just think it's shitty to say how funny it is and make jokes when a lot of innocent people are going to "get a kobe pulled on them". Try to distinguish between your dislike for Worldco as a company and the traders that worked there to make a living and might have families to support. Some people are getting the shaft here it and I don't think that's funny at all. Again, grow up.

#215     Oct 13, 2003
  6. xtrader

xtrader

To those Worldco traders who had an attitude - YOU DESERVE IT! Even the so-called "top" traders who left Worldco to form other firms(that failed) were jerks. Worldco philosophy "poisoned" many traders into becoming arrogant snobs. I hope the next firm their ex-traders join are not egomaniacs.

#216     Oct 13, 2003
  7. what the hell are you talking about. Most traders at WLDCO didn't have any big egos at all. And what Worldco philosophy are you even talking about. Do you even KNOW more than 2 or 3 wldco traders (or any for that matter)? In fact, many top traders at other firms are former wldco traders, and they are well liked at those firms. Meanwhile, many people who were pricks at wldco came from other firms. Why don't you just stick with your 50 share "best execution" ameritrades and stop resenting everyone else. You deserve your receptionist job, but you don't hear us asking you to go pick up our dry cleaning and lunch, now do you.

#217     Oct 14, 2003
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

My, my, I step away from the computer for a few hours and surprise, surprise. The boys are at it again. Sure hoped this would remain civil, but was not to be. So I've cleaned things up and see no reason to continue this particular thread.

#218     Oct 14, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.