Worldco Fined by NASD

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by 2yearNewbie, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Turok

Turok

>perhaps ironic

Must have skipped the "literally" part.

JB

#11     Jan 15, 2004
  2. Real brilliant, fine them when they are bankrupt. When they have no money left.

Where were the regulators when there were major and very glaring issues.

I had heard that worldco was on the verge of bankruptcy on a few occassions. I even had a list of the biggest dog positions that they were floating and trying to liquidate without destroying their equity. I know a few funds that shorted the piss out of those dozen or so small caps and eventually put worldco under. Why didn't the regulators close that down when the whole street know that they were effectively failed for 6-months before?

#12     Jan 15, 2004
  3. that's the laughable part.....im telling you, there is very little the NASD can do if they refuse to pay the fines.....except throw them out permanently...big deal...

#13     Jan 15, 2004
  4. munich

munich

I hope this doesn't come as a surprise to anybody. Worldco defenders please spare us with the "wldc gave me a chance" bs.

F... Walter and anyone who defrauded/deceived people in the name of WorldCo. The Bruan's made a fortune with their scam, let's congratulate them and wish them to hell for it.:D

#14     Jan 15, 2004
  5. i must be in the wrong thread. I obviously came to the choirboy's thread, when I thought it was supposed to be about Worldco.

#15     Jan 15, 2004
  6. Hey ZDREG! You Must be a friend of someone who ran Worldco. I love your quote "people like you forget opportunities worldco gave to people who would never have had a chance to make big money on wall street"
    So that makes if fair for Worldco to be scumbags??? Did you read the NASD fine????????

#16     Jan 16, 2004
  7. zdreg

zdreg

you've got quite a temper plus a limited vocabulary.
    I read nasd fine.
    rules were violated in an attempt to make more money for traders and for firm.

#17     Jan 16, 2004
  8. zdreg

zdreg

people with no experience and many from no name colleges but with high grade pt. averages were given
    unusual opportunities to succeed

#18     Jan 16, 2004
  9. zdreg

zdreg

be specific about how people were defrauded.

#19     Jan 16, 2004
  10. zdreg

zdreg

please spare us with the "wldc gave me a chance" bs.
    is it bs.?
    or is it simply the truth that people with no experience and weak resumes were given an opportunity

#20     Jan 16, 2004