Worldco Do I really have to put up money?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by YoungNAmbitious, Feb 11, 2003.

1. bmwstox

bmwstox

In just the past few months we've cut about 300 traders. Some will never see their capital contribution. Luckily I'm up right now, however I have a feeling they will ask me for some $$$ to keep the lights running. Regardless if Worldco does go under I will hold a memorial service and place a rose on Wall St. I hope you will all join me, (free drinks will be served).

:D BMW

#41     Mar 3, 2003
  2. BMW, you don't seem too worried about Worldco folding like a card table. Aren't you worried about your dough? How do you continue to work at a place if your not sure they'll even open the doors tomorrow?

:confused:

#42     Mar 3, 2003
  3. bmwstox

bmwstox

MACD,

I don't have that much with them, under 5 g's. My freind has about 25 g's with them, I can't decide for other people, all up to them. I can just sit by and watch. My freind is going to Andover so I will look into them, heard they have good software. And they are backed by a stable NYSE corporation.

:cool: BMW

#43     Mar 3, 2003
  4. The fact is that there are many hard working , smart, gogetters
    who are out there having to deal with I believe to be "bad faith" from worldco....
    thats what really sucks IMHO

#44     Mar 3, 2003
  5. NO MORE BELZBURG! They're getting rid of it. That's it.

As far as going to another firm, I don't think there are any firms now that are taking new people w/o at LEAST a few grand.

#45     Mar 3, 2003
  6. Virtually every prop firm takes at least a small cut (Echo is the only exception I know of).

#46     Mar 3, 2003
  7. BTW, The tests are $150 each (plus study materials).

#47     Mar 3, 2003
  8. $40g by noon? When was that? There's only 1 guy who can do that nowadays (are you in FL?). Those days are over for all but a super, super, super duper elite (and even then there are some big losses).

#48     Mar 3, 2003
  9. Although there may be some legit gripes actually, I agree that the above is probably the reason for much of the hostility.

#49     Mar 3, 2003
  10. On AT they're delayed. On ILX they are FAST!

#50     Mar 3, 2003