Worldco Do I really have to put up money?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by YoungNAmbitious, Feb 11, 2003.

1. wideopen

wideopen

A trader blaming his firm for his own failure deserves to get canned. I haven't put a single penny yet during my employment at this firm, and yes people get checks at worldco.

#31     Feb 16, 2003
  2. going beyond blaming the house for losing.....the place is not a good place to be.... imho its run by smart people who can fool people into thinking its a good place to be.....but its not....its simply a bad place to be

#32     Feb 16, 2003
  3. what about getting a draw ? I would never get up and go into an office and work 8 hrs a day without some kind of income stream. First of all, I can't afford to do that, second of all it just seems dumb. Why should anybody work for free ?

#33     Feb 17, 2003
  4. Ever heard of unpaid interns? They are fighting for jobs where they can work for free in the "glamourous" industries.

If you're looking for a steady 9 to 5 paying gig, then daytrading is not for you. You have to be willing to pay your dues (6 months to a year) without any income until you can consistently take money out of the market to live off of.

#34     Feb 17, 2003
  5. God, you guys keep talking about the "18th floor, " "management," and "memos."

Is there really such a hierarchical structure at Worldco?

Geez, I thought I left that behind in Corporate America.

I thought that was one reason we became traders.

#35     Feb 17, 2003
  6. true statement goldenarm. As it happens, i choose to swing trade which frees me up to earn regular wages. In my case, the opportunity cost of being a hard core daytrader is simply too high.

I also believe that many who are attracted to the prop firms are fresh out of school with econ/finance/management type degrees and having a hard time getting a job. The prop firms take them in anyway even though what they really need is a paycheck. Many of them are overly optimistic and don't realize they won't be getting paid anytime soon.

#36     Feb 17, 2003
  7. bmwstox

bmwstox

Worlco just axed another 80 guys today. I don't know how they stay in business. This place will probably be out of business in the next year, I wouldn't put any fresh money into it.

#37     Mar 3, 2003
  8. Why did Worldco axe so many guys today? Were these traders under-performing or what were the reasons? How many traders do they have remaining?

#38     Mar 3, 2003
  9. if they can replace those 80 and make them put up their own capital then its no biggie, just churn.

#39     Mar 3, 2003
  10. bmwstox

bmwstox

worldco needs to fill seats w/people that have capital to put up. they need their commissions. that's why they are constantly hiring and then firing. u figure there's always some moron out there who was no idea how Wall St. operates, it's kinda like a boiler room, except it's for traders.

It's all about churning.

#40     Mar 3, 2003