World Without US Dominance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Spectre2007, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Its a fact you idiot.

John

#21     Jan 6, 2008
  2. marketfly

marketfly

Our troops are doing what you pansies are to scared to do. Stand up and fight for our freedom. What have you added to the world by trading???

#22     Jan 6, 2008
  3. To control the imminent threat they impose to US economy. No one will challenge you if you are a 'policemen'.

#23     Jan 6, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think our borders are fairly well defended, its been some time since we've been invaded..and as SouthAmerica has correctly pointed out in a prior thread right now there would seem to actually be a net outflow of migrants from the United States as they head back to their home countries while our economy slows down for the time being.

#24     Jan 6, 2008
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Been a long time since we've been invaded??? Brandon, you know I stick up for most of your posts, but damnation bro, you been living in the USA the last 15 years??? Invasion doesn't always mean tanks rolling across the border. Let me take you down to the Rio Grande sometime.

#25     Jan 6, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

There are a lot of them, I've been to El Paso and Tuscon, also living in Florida none of my yard work was ever done correctly until I figured out how to speak Spanish, and entire towns in Iowa that used to be small farming communities are now made up mostly of migrants that have been both a boom to local business and a drain on local govt..but I would agrue that they continued to come across because of our strong economy and as it weakens they are leaving (go to a pawn shop, you can get cheap tools as they sell them to move back home). Also when I read history books etc, I dont see too much differance between the South Americans coming now and the Irish and Southern Europeans a hundred years ago. We had a strong economy then too that required cheap labor, so they came. As their own countries economy expanded and ours slowed down a bit, the waves slowed down. I know there are some differances, maybe some I have not net seen and I could be talked into changing my opinion, but I'm not too worried right now.

#26     Jan 6, 2008
  7. pneuma

pneuma

Imagine if the US actually stayed at home and looked after it's own people:

maybe it could pay for public health care like every other western government

maybe it could pay for welfare and stop turning a blind eye to the homeless

maybe it could get all the guns off the streets

maybe it could stop the meth/smak/coke epidemic

maybe it could invest in alternative energies and not be so reliant on crude

maybe it could ratify Kyoto

Or maybe by not bombing the cr@p out of other peoples belief and cultures, in the name of democracy, there would be less terrorist attacks

who knows ...

#27     Jan 6, 2008
  8. This post is based on what logic? The could...should...would logic? :eek:

#28     Jan 6, 2008

9. Go read about WW2 and imagine that America didn't exist. Hitler would have won that war.

Do you think the world would be better off under Hitler?

I don't think you get around too much or read too much for that matter. Go read some history and everytime America comes in to safe the day imagine they didn't and consider the outcome.

John

#29     Jan 6, 2008
  10. I think the world can survive without the US intervening .

#30     Jan 6, 2008