World Wide Power Grids Could Be Knocked Out

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Aug 27, 2010.

1. yawwnnn....anyway.....maybe it will wipeout the DEBT of every american, much like FIGHTCLUB's idea.

We can start from zero, and the cost of reparing all the banking,communication etc..will create jobs...

#11     Aug 27, 2010
  2. MattF

MattF

lost me there....though it sounds pretty cool :D

#12     Aug 27, 2010
  3. Human beings will never survive outside Earth. All the NASA's mars mission is waste of money and time. NASA should be shut down.

#13     Aug 27, 2010
  4. Why won't they?

Because there's no water in the universe? That argument you made has already been proven wrong.

Try again.

#14     Aug 27, 2010
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

But we need NASA for muslim outreach and to transfer all of our technology to our enemies, right?

Everyone worries about solar max but what they should be worred about are CMEs (coronal mass ejections) like the one last week that was pointed directly at the earth. Those bad boys can literally push aside our magnetosphere leaving us exposed to every kind of radiation running around out there. A really big CME could cause a very bad day here.

But this is ET so how can we profit from this calamity? :)

Thing that are in demand during solar max or CME are UPS, power transformers, broadband EMI filters, land-lines and of course tin foil for hatmaking. :D

#15     Aug 27, 2010
  6. pspr

pspr

This is serious stuff! This is a real possibility. Imagine no electricity for weeks or months. Anywhere! Fuel, food, water and everything we take for granted would become scarce.

The best thing you can do is build yourself a stockpile of food and water at the very least.

Oh, and there is water elsewhere in the universe and food can be grown or synthesized on other planets. IMHO

#16     Aug 27, 2010
  7. zdreg

zdreg

I suspect based upon your handle that u are the real thing.:D

#17     Aug 27, 2010
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol.

Another earth-killer that nobody worries about are GRBs (gamma ray bursts). They are extremely common in the universe, they are very directional (tight beam) and they are the most energetic events in the universe hands-down. If a real GRB hit the earth we would be incinerated before you could say "oh shit".

Its a barrel of monkeys out there, non-stop fun lol.

#18     Aug 27, 2010
  9. As opposed to all those fake GRB's we've been getting.:D

#19     Aug 27, 2010
  10. G-Boa

G-Boa

Nice. I do the same thing in finance, while I trade cash for stock and back to cash into my account :)

#20     Aug 27, 2010