World War III needed to wake up the people

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DT-waw, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Nah, hydrogen is the future fuel.

#11     Jun 10, 2009
  2. GTS

GTS

Yes, impossible.

Reading the FAQ (http://www.thevenusproject.com/introFaq.php) many serious subjects are causally brushed over and a lot of assumptions are made about humans would behave in such a society.

How would such a society deal with sociopaths or pedophiles? Oh that's right, they just magically wouldn't exist because of education and this new environment. Uh huh.

#12     Jun 10, 2009
  3. Read this when I was younger man and lived long enough to recognize it's unpleasant truth.

"People as group don't really adopt new ideas. Opponents to the new ideas must first die off."

Not a few of them. Almost all of them.

We've already had the war to end all wars.

That war was WWI

To change, we will need a total reset. Some change so fundenmental that it is impossible to rebuild the old system.

Even the world of Mad Max will not do. The old system will be reorganized around new scarcities.

As the wise and forward looking are always a tiny minority, they will be overwhelmed by the surviving masses.

I point u to Europe in the Dark Ages.

No, the Venus project discounts human nature, which as this stage in our evolution will not change. Notice that I said evolution, and not circumstances.

What u propose is a change in circumstances. It will not work.

The venus project will have to be left for a future generation to discover and build. If there are any of us left.

#13     Jun 10, 2009
  4. Do you ever contribute a single comment of substance on any thread you interject yourself into? EVER???

Troll.

#14     Jun 10, 2009
  5. It does seem that the most negative emotions in people come out just when they should become more positive.

#15     Jun 10, 2009
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

First of all, most likely there will be FAR less sociopaths. Human behaviour depends on the social and economic conditions, it is not set in stone or in genes.

Look here and sort the last column
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_murder_rate

why do you think Japan has 70 times less murders than Venezuela? Because of standards of living and education.
    In Tokyo, 35 million metropolis there's virtually none street crime. Sure, there's a hell of corruption at the high levels (yakuza, government) but common people (great song, btw) are peaceful.

Sociopaths need comprehensive psychological help, not closing them with other criminals which costs more and make such person even worse. Yeah, its good for private prisons they make $money on it.

#16     Jun 10, 2009
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

I wonder if anyone can visit the venusproject compound...i'd like to see it...it's on the way up to orlando....

#17     Jun 10, 2009
  8. Japan has been thrown up here for years regarding their better social numbers.

The society is much more controlled, much tighter.
    And, the people are homogenous to the degree that mistakes by an individual tends to reverberate among families and communities, dishonoring them, which tends to be a strong deterrent.

#18     Jun 10, 2009
  9. GTS

GTS

Thank you for telling me what you are not going to do with them.

Please elaborate on what you are going to do with them while they are getting their "comprehensive psychological help".

#19     Jun 10, 2009
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

it could never be done in one stroke but over time through phasing out who knows....

#20     Jun 10, 2009