World War III - has begun.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Ignorance is necessary to support communist ideology. I, however, am not blind to the historical record of agitation, community disruption, the reversal of gender roles, the shaming of traditional values, and the complete media bias toward these corrosive effects, typically lauded by atheists such as yourself as "progress"....

Progress can go both ways, my friend. Toward a higher form of living, or down the slippery slope of envy, straight into the abyss of bondage.

I do not support agitation in favor of another world war.

#11     Sep 20, 2012
  2. Sept 20,2012

PiggyBank: Reply to peilthetraveler.

LOL what is the deal with this guy's format?

#12     Sep 20, 2012
  3. Sept 20, 2012

Peilthetraveler: Reply to PiggyBank

I have no idea!

#13     Sep 20, 2012
  4. Mav88

Mav88

do you actually get paid to write your tripe? I hope so, because it would a pseudo-intellectual supreme waste of time otherwise.

get over yourself, you are just another purveyor of crap

#14     Sep 20, 2012
  5. September 21, 2012

SouthAmerica: Reply to Wide Tailz

I know that you don't have anything better to do with your time other than to come to ET and talk about the Bible.

I understand that you are an old bugger, we can tell it by your mindset.

I know that your mind is frozen in a time long gone, anyway, do you know that the Soviet Union collapsed about 20 years ago and that the bad communists are not coming to get you?

Let me also give you another clue, because it looks like you are very slow in grasping what is going on - Communism as an economic system has died with the Soviet Union system, and today one of the last places on earth that the government follows communism is in North Korea.

But that it will change very fast in the coming years.

Please don't give me that China is a communist state, because China is beating the shit out of the United States in the capitalism game – they are taking the United States to school to show how that system really works.

China has lifted the boats of about 300 million people to the middle class in the last 20 years, and the United States has sunk the boat of over 30 million people in the United States in the last 10 years.

If the United States had not the "special status" of being the main global foreign reserve currency, then the United States economy it would have had already its final collapse just like the Soviet Union.

The US economy is in a coma, in intensive care, and it is being kept alive a little longer, by borrowing money from foreign countries, and by Ben Bernanke and the Federal reserve pumping trillions of US dollars created from thin air, and all kinds of US government intervention, and gimmicks.

You sound old and stupid when you come around with the Commie, or Communist bullshit.

You need to get with the new program, and get over the Soviet Union, and your paranoia about communism. The new boogeyman that the US government came out it is Al Qaeda and the Moslems.

You are a Bible waver and a die hard Christian – Do you remember the good old days when the Christians organized the Crusades and they killed millions of people?

The Crusades originally had the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the Holy Land, and there were nine principal 'crusades' (and several more minor ones) covering a period from 1095-1272, however, several were very brief with the Eighth Crusade lasting less than a year and the Fourth Crusade lasting just two years. As the Crusades progressed, however, they often seem to have been motivated more by politics and greed than by true religious reason and it is doubtful whether 'Christianity' itself should be held responsible for some of the dreadful things which happened, especially when plainly political papal power used 'crusades' to attack Eastern Orthodoxy (the Fourth Crusade)!

Indeed, the common perception that the 'crusades' were all about Christians attacking Muslims is totally incorrect; perhaps only two or three of the crusades were more major conflagrations and involved attacking Muslims on a large scale.

A total figure of about 9 million deaths has been cited for all of the crusades - but it is very debatable how much Christianity can truly be held accountable for this when a particular crusade was clearly political; also, 'soldiers of fortune' joined some of the expeditions and raped, pillaged and torched villages along route in total defiance of orders: can that ever be considered a Christian responsibility?

In some terrible cases Muslim women were mercilessly exterminated by the victorious "Christians" - but was this typical behaviour? No. The evidence is strong that mercy also played a large part in many of the campaigns; unfortunately, however, war always has, and always will, lead to unjustifiable excesses. I think we must concede that something from 8 to as many as 11 million people probably did die during the crusades, but when we narrow this down to the plainly religious crusades intent on recapturing the Holy Land this might well be reduced to something up to 7 to 9 million.

It would have been a piece of cake to demonize all Christian religions in the same way that the US government and the American mainstream media has been demonizing Islam since 9/11.

Let’s see what we can say about the Catholic Church and violence – The Crusades (about 10 of them) The Inquisition, the war in North Ireland between Catholics and Protestants – The church’s position regarding slavery over the centuries, priests child molestation charges everywhere, and so on…

When we are talking about politics and religion - when people are fanatics usually means trouble. And that goes for any religion, and any type of political belief.

The clash between Christianity and Islam is exacerbated by the fact that these two religions are intrinsically messianic, meaning their believers are not only convinced they hold the “One True Faith,” but are also motivated to convince other people to convert to their faiths.

Underlying all these religious conflicts - by all these major religions - is always the pursuit of power by one group or another.

I respect most people’s religions and I believe in "freedom of religion" as the right of each individual to freely choose and practice his religion.

I am a free thinker and I don’t like to be indoctrinated by anyone – including religion, or any form of ideology.

Wide Tailz, I have good news for you: I am placing your name on my ignore list, and from now on I will not be able to see your postings on the ET forums.

I really don't have time to waste with people like you, but for some reason all these guys who hate everything that I say on my postings and articles, they are all reading my material instead of placing my name on their ignore list.

I don't understand this people, because I don't waste any time reading the material of anybody who I think it is an idiot or a moron (and I have about 9 names so far on my ignore list of members of ET that accumulated over the years).

Go back to reading your Bible, or start organizing another Crusade in the name of your religion and continue the violence and the killing of millions of people as in the past.

#15     Sep 21, 2012
  6. Compliment taken (thanks) :)

I'm in my mid 30s, and the wisdom beyond years that you detect in my posts is simply the result of the fear of the LORD.

#16     Sep 21, 2012