World Trading Contest

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Casey Bonse, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Mercor

Mercor

100 to 1 return is prety good. What is the sharp ratio?

This contest is pretty fair. No one will get lucky like you see in stock picking contests.

CBS marketplace had a contest and the winner set up 900 accounts. They disquailfied them. Lots of lawsuits followed.
    Free to join and 10k prize

#41     Jul 27, 2011
  2. 200 people registered already, 200 more will likely register. the odds are just not good.

#42     Jul 27, 2011
  3. This is not a 100 to 1 return. It is an expectation.

#43     Jul 27, 2011
  4. I think you are wrong. Nothing to prevent Bob going long 5 contracts in ES and Alice taking the opposite position. If there is a good rally during the period of the contest in ES, they have a good chance of winning it together and sharing the prize.

Even if you place a limit on the trades nothing changes. Futures is a zero (negative) sum game and this makes it impossible to avoid situations like that.

#44     Jul 27, 2011
  5. You guys are all so serious. It's all a bit of fun. Just enter and see how you go.

#45     Jul 28, 2011
  6. I'd like to show off my trading skills but as it is my odd of winning is not as great. How about letting me play all 25 contracts in one market. I don't have the eyes for many markets. And any player at any time during the contest let the account drop below 50 percent should be kicked out for the rest of the tournament. Game is not as fun without some penalties.

#46     Jul 28, 2011
  7. I'll be Alice and take one for the team.

But for realz' I am putting the biggest jew jinx ever on the guy who cheats me out of this prize.

#47     Jul 28, 2011
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, what are the chances of a trend for that 2 exact weeks? And even if something close to that happens, some real trader still can make just a little more, reversing at the right time so your A and B won't win.

Since the markets are correlated, the 5 instruments are really just 2-3 markets at max. but still, they are trying to make it so your scenario wouldn't happen...

By the way the last winner's result indicated that had he used a full 25 cars position on the ES, he would have made almost 9 pts every day. That is some serious skills....

#48     Jul 28, 2011
  9. Casey Bonse

Casey Bonse ET Sponsor

Thanks for the input; we'll take your suggestions into consideration for our next contest:)

The contest uses live market data and all working orders are queued in the order they were placed, as with real life there is a chance that limit orders may not fill.

#49     Jul 28, 2011
  10. The best trading contest that took place recently was the XTB Trading Cup 2011.

Winner took 1 million euros for the prize.

Contest lasted 1 month on simulated trading accounts !

Also 3 Mercedes SLK were awarded to the top traders of each category (Stocks, Options and Forex)

#50     Jul 28, 2011