World Trade Securities

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Belindaxxx, Feb 14, 2008.

1. +1

#11     Feb 17, 2008
  2. caru423

caru423

If you guys really want to know all about them, they are at the trader expo this week. I saw them there and didnt stop to talk. I am not sure exactly what platfor they offer etc... But I can tell you that the people who run the group are there and you can judge for yourself. Hope that was helpful.

#12     Feb 17, 2008
  3. Sky123987 - what is the WTC? I want to search out threads regarding WTS.

#13     Feb 17, 2008
  4. Belinda,

For what it is worth ... one of the previous posters said that a search on WTS reveals that WTS is not worth the time.

Opinions are like a-holes on this site. So that alone means nothing.

But .... One thing that I have noticed on ET from time to itime is that the senior people for a firm being discussed on ET will appear here and present their side of the story.

Only mentioning the firms that quickly come to mind ... JC Trading, SMB Capital and the chart service firm ESignal.

WTS - with their non-conventional "out of the box" approach - would be well served to appear here and explain what is what. They haven't - and they remain at best, "mysterious"

I am assuming that you are Canadian. From what I have read here, a lot of Canadians trade with JC Trading. Maybe you can PM "Joab" and ask if it is all right to PM some of your questions to him.

Bright Trading has a presence in B.C. - but I think you need the Series 7 with them. And I am not sure what their remote policy is if you are not in the B.C. area.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

#14     Feb 17, 2008
  5. saico

saico

WTC is not WTS!

#15     Sep 8, 2010
  6. What kind of volume are they expecting of Prop traders for this firm? Also do they let you trade the high volatility stocks like AAPL, BIDU, etc? What kind of loss will they limit you to per day?

Thanks.

#16     Nov 12, 2010
  7. I can answer some of your questions about WTS but keep in mind this is just how it was when I was there until January...

Max daily stop loss is $40 when you start, then $100 after being profitable 3 days in a row. After that it goes to $200, $400, $600 etc., if your total max loss in the first couple months reaches $1500 you get fired.

They will make you do as much volume as is humanly possible scalping C for rebates, if you don't do at least 300k shares a day after the first couple months they fire you.

Stocks over $100 are pretty much off limit, maybe after a few months you can convince them to trade 100 share lots.

#17     Nov 12, 2010