World Soccer Chat

Discussion in 'Sports' started by El OchoCinco, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Creating a thread for us die hard soccer fans to talk about the sport and upcoming season!

Optionpro007 likes this.
  2. Chelsea fan here.

Chelsea sells Courtois, their #1 keeper to Real Madrid. Madrid already has a #1 keep in Navas so not sure why they bought Courtois.

Chelsea was pursuing Allison from Roma who Roma just confirmed a deal with Liverpool. So Chelsea sells their #1 keeper and loses his replacement to a rival and now has nothing... wtf??

3. Tough, but I believe the deal is contingent on Chelsea finding a suitable replacement. Don't know the specifics though. Losing Hazard would be a huge blow too. Sarri has much work to do.

And for those who don't know, I am a Barcelona fan. ha!

El OchoCinco likes this.
  4. As usual you are correct:

"Football London claim Chelsea will only let the Belgium international go if they secure a replacement. Maurizio Sarri may find that task, however, easier said than done.
    Chelsea were in the market for Roma shot-stopper Alisson Becker but the Brazilian has since joined Liverpool.
    Leicester City are unlikely to let Kasper Schmeichel go on the cheap."

Will get desperate and overpay for second class or grab a cheap replacement.....

Optionpro007 likes this.
  5. @Optionpro007

Read that Chelsea signed Rob Green GK....he was wallowing somewhere else and is average for GKs.....I hope this is not the Courtois replacement...

Also I read that Chelsea bid 60 million Euros for Higuain?!?!

They are paying his 24 year old price but getting the current 31 year old... and I thought NBA contracts were inflated.

Optionpro007 likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

Aren't the buyouts in "football" the total paid to the club and not necessarily the amount paid to the player?

7. destriero

destriero

TBH I'd rather watch Fox News than soccer.

8. Yes the fee is paid to the club, that is not what the player earns. But the idea is the same, this guy is not worth 60 million to pay to the club just to get his contract when he is about to start the descending part of his career. (30-32 is start of decline for most soccer players).

9. I understand that guy is 38 years old and not considered a sub for Courtois. Higuain is just as good as Kane, I don't consider them that good....

Agreed bidding 60MM for Higuain is nuts...

10. It was so much fun watching Courtois in WC.
    Did you see that flub by DeGea? Surprising!

I am going to see Barcelona v AC Milan in Santa Clara soon...woohoo....

#10     Jul 27, 2018
    Optionpro007 likes this.