World Record day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderich, Feb 7, 2007.

1. thanks again scalper and heavyhitter!

You are very keen scalper! You know that I am not bullschitting because I have laid my cards on the table. Unfortunately I got little in return from the masses here on ET by doing that. I was hoping to get some good ideas from others about how to further improve a successful plan, but got little back. So, I guess bragging rights is about all I can hope for on here!

One last thing, the last 7 days have been winners. I know a bad day is coming, just hope its not a string of them!

Peace.

p.s. I am curious if any of the keen ones like yourself scalper are doing live trades based on what I had talked about. So many opportunities out there, just have to find them.

#21     Feb 8, 2007
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Looking at yesterday's screenshot of Yahoo's Price % Gainers (US) at 1001 hours, I see at least one security that doesn't meet your inclusion rules, SWS, and see another not even on the screen. I wonder if I'm using the same url as you.

At any rate, I've been papertrading your method, modified with my own SL and TP, and only "checking in" every hour (I'm at work), this week. It has been a good week, on paper anyway. Yesterday was +2.72% to capital for my picks.

Grats!

#22     Feb 8, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Good Job.... seems to me like you dont need any tweaking..:D

#23     Feb 8, 2007
  4. Its only a internet message board, don't take things so seriously. There are more important things in life then worrying about someone on ET bragging. Let him start a thread today saying "I am the greatest trader and the rest of you are shit", really who cares?

#24     Feb 8, 2007
  5. The gaps worked well yesterday. Congrats.

#25     Feb 8, 2007
  6. Nice Job Ricter!

Before you decide to go live, how much capital do you have for this?

As I had said, you need realistically 50k-100k and margin too.

You have to realize that, on average, I am only making $200 for 200,000 per day. If you invest only 20,000 you are gonna make $20 ave/day!

Note that I have made one mod. too recently. I didn't buy KEA because the buyout was at 14.30 and it was trading at 14.24.

I have given it much thought Ricter, and I am beginning to understand what others mean by the psychological aspects of trading. I think that only a few would try what I do for real, and the few that did, if they hit one bad day, or 2-3 in a row, that would be the end of it for them, which is fine by me. I am actually wondering if talking about what I do will hurt me. Might be good. Haven't seen too many 7 baggers in a while, and I set a world record yesterday, so maybe having others aboard helps!

#26     Feb 8, 2007
  7. bluud

bluud

Nice Job!!

=============================================

I recently went to IB's College Olympiad page and noticed that the current first person's program has earned almost 370K$ (their program papertrades on 100k, starting Jan 15) in 15 trading days (up to Feb 5). That means an average of 24,666$ per day.

#27     Feb 8, 2007
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I don't have enough capital to cover the losing days and commissions, yet. But I am learning a bit about what to expect for returns from different time intervals, etc. I have different aspirations, and $200 a day would be a good start to free me from conventional wage slavery.

I'm also selling when a security gains 4%, or eod, whichever comes first. It appears that others are on to this method of yours, and there is a fair bit of selling off eod. If I can get 4% and get out early, I'm happy.

Like all systems, I don't see this one lasting long. Probably by the time I have sufficient capital raised I'll have to find another way to pick stocks, which is essentially what your system is, a stock picking system, imho.

#28     Feb 8, 2007
  9. yes Ricter, its a stock picking method. If it goes belly up before you scrape up enough dinero, you could always get yourself the latest 'green light, red light software' from WT! Just kidding.

One thing I have heard about but haven't taken the time to really dig into is buying or selling stocks quickly (playing the bounce) early. This means shorting the gap ups and covering as they fade back down early, or vice versa, going long stocks that gapped down and head a little more south before bottoming out and recovering slightly.

Notice with this strategy though, timing is very very important. You need to get in and out within about 1 hour timeframe. At first glance, it seems promising but looks a bit dangerous if you let a bad position ride out too long.

peace.

#29     Feb 8, 2007
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Agreed. My SL is 1% and TP is 4% on any security. So far today I'm out of 5 as of my first check (1100):

NXTM (+)
    TTEC (-)
    XNPT (-)
    XIDE (-)
    CTRN (-)

NXTM rose enough to cover all the subsequent losers, but barely. (+0.077% net)

Only SLNK still alive. Could make a fine day. Go SLNK, go!

#30     Feb 8, 2007