World people consume 7.6 billion Tons food every year

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Feb 24, 2011.

1. I think human beings eat/consume 21 million Tons of food everyday. Which comes to 7.6 billion Tons food consumed every year.

There are 7 billion people on Earth and let us assume each person weighs 100 kg. So total human weight is 700 million Tons.

If each person consumes/eats 3% of body weight each day or 3% of 700 million tons that would be 21 million Tons food per day.

I think each world trade center building (9/11) weighed 500,000 Tons. So human beings eat 15,200 world trade center buildings each year. I mean people eat food equivalent/equal to 15,200 WTC buildings.

If food cost is $1 per kg or $1000 per Ton, the world food business is $8 Trillion to $12 Trillion per year (estimated).

Correct me if I am wrong?

Human beings are breeding like rats and they say rats are breeding like rats.

Search in google for "european sex videos" and similar words and you will understand why "human beings are breeding like rats". Everything comes to an end one day.

2. Sorry, but you just pulled a bunch of numbers out of your ass.
    Chit chat bound...

3. Somebody is scared.

4. Maybe pulling a habit out of a rat.:D

5. The average westerner eats 2,125 pounds of food per year(about 5.8 pounds of food per day). 60% of the rest of the world lives on less than $2 per day, so you know they are not buying 5.8 pounds of food with 2 bucks.

Fun fact for you...in the US alone, Americans eat 9 billion chickens per year. (I wonder why chickens are not on the endangered species list yet?)

6. I think world people eat 7 billion chickens per year.

7. Maybe you are a virgin and unaware of this but many people have sex for the pleasure of it and NOT for any breeding purposes.

8. Some people have a bad habit of digging their own graves with their own hands.

9. A conclusion drawn from the same place your numbers came from. :p

P.S. The average chicken eats 7 billion people per year.

10. Nobody pointed out my big mistake that there are elderly people and children who weigh less and eat less.

So let us assume there are 4 billion people each weighing 100 kg. Total human weight is 400 million Tons.

3% of 400 million is 12 million tons per day = 4.4 billion Tons per year = 8800 world trade center buildings.

If food cost is $1 per kg or $1000 per Ton, the world food business is $4 Trillion or $5 Trillion per year (estimated).

#10     Feb 25, 2011