World May Not Be Warming, Say Scientists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie, Feb 15, 2010.

1. If you and your ilk would be so kind as to reduce your tidal volume to 300ml, 4 times a minute ,I might think you were serious about limiting co2 emissions.

#21     Feb 15, 2010
  2. There is a scientific possiblity of a creator? Any references? :confused:

#22     Feb 16, 2010
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Science is pretty much bullshit anyhow. Assumptions on top of assumptions supported by circular reasoning yet all stated as fact because it's....... drumroll.......... science!!!!

The people that I know that are sure that the world is ending and are insisting that we all should set our hair on fire and run in circles are not technical people, all the technical people I know can realize that they don't have real data and not get too worked up...

#23     Feb 16, 2010
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Ask the Creator

#24     Feb 16, 2010
  5. How? Where? :confused:

#25     Feb 16, 2010
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like YOU don't need to waste your breath trying to convince anyone then.

#26     Feb 16, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Good, I'll assume you're done too.

#27     Feb 16, 2010
  8. Sure we can. Obama has a "social justice" agenda... if it takes "wrecking the US economy" to accomplish it, fine with him.

#28     Feb 16, 2010
  9. I went to that site and was not persuaded at all. I read the BBC interview, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8511670.stm# , with Professor Phil Jones who was one of the lead authors of the UN study and is at the epicenter of the Climategate controversy. He is about as prestigious a supporter of AGW as one can find. From the interview:

"
    B - Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming

Yes, but only just. I also calculated the trend for the period 1995 to 2009. This trend (0.12C per decade) is positive, but not significant at the 95% significance level. The positive trend is quite close to the significance level. Achieving statistical significance in scientific terms is much more likely for longer periods, and much less likely for shorter periods. "

So he is admitting there is no statistically significant global warming during the decade the media incessantly lecture us has been the warmest on record.

Moreover, he acknowledges the inconvenient issues presented by the medieval warm period:

"G - There is a debate over whether the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) was global or not. If it were to be conclusively shown that it was a global phenomenon, would you accept that this would undermine the premise that mean surface atmospheric temperatures during the latter part of the 20th Century were unprecedented?

There is much debate over whether the Medieval Warm Period was global in extent or not. The MWP is most clearly expressed in parts of North America, the North Atlantic and Europe and parts of Asia. For it to be global in extent the MWP would need to be seen clearly in more records from the tropical regions and the Southern Hemisphere. There are very few palaeoclimatic records for these latter two regions.

Of course, if the MWP was shown to be global in extent and as warm or warmer than today (based on an equivalent coverage over the NH and SH) then obviously the late-20th century warmth would not be unprecedented. On the other hand, if the MWP was global, but was less warm that today, then current warmth would be unprecedented.

We know from the instrumental temperature record that the two hemispheres do not always follow one another. We cannot, therefore, make the assumption that temperatures in the global average will be similar to those in the northern hemisphere. "

Briefly put, they refuse to make the logical assumption, that the MWP was global, because it destroys their house of cards. They are only too willing to make far more dubious assumptions regarding tree ring data and the like when it supports their cause. It must be emphasized as well that Dr. Jones was one of the ringleaders in trying to silence skeptics and authored damaging emails referring to "tricks" he employed in manipulating the data. of course, he denies it all, but what would we expect? So even the high priests of this new religion admit to staggering holes and inconsistencies in their theory, yet we are supposed to ignore it all and wreck our economy...for what reason?

#29     Feb 16, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

The economy was wrecked, as some predicted it would be, by the Montreal Protocol and the cap and trade methods it employed. Since 1989 it's been nothing but pure hell for our economy.

#30     Feb 16, 2010