World faces food shortages: UN report

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brass, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Or ignore reality.

#21     Feb 1, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Precisely. That was my point. Thanks for agreeing. I hope Trailer666 won't be angry with you. Perhaps you can get back into his good graces by ironing his sheets for your next meeting.

#22     Feb 1, 2012
  3. Africans will say the same thing... NGOs that deliver food usually give it up to the dictator in charge... The strongmen usually get first crack at the aid which only gives them more power over the population making it even harder for them to overthrow them.

Worse, even though NGOs are non-profit they're always run like a corporation. They have a CEO, CFO whatever etc... AND generally these people draw salaries at the appropriate and comparative pay scale for their position. Donations do and have gone “missing”…

If the government gets involved that's just the US taxpayer helping to subsidize the next African strongman... Just the way it works.

The definition of racism has moved so far away from reality that I no longer bother to argue with it... I just say... Yup... "You got me I'm racist!" and then move on from there... Personally, while I do swear occasionally I would never use words like "nigger" because I simply find it too offensive. Nevertheless, by the new definitions of racism... I'm a racist!

@ Brass....

Are you ever going to attempt to answer these...?

#23     Feb 1, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

No. Why would I have to? You're like a self-cleaning oven (but in reverse). All I have to do is watch.

#24     Feb 1, 2012
  5. Cut the crap already...

I''ll answer the questions logically...

1. It isn't good for me in any way...

2. They're not my responsibility.

#25     Feb 1, 2012
  6. Crispy

Crispy

Grow your own. Dont rely on the global food distribution network...its fragile

#26     Feb 1, 2012