WORLD EXCLUSIVE : The point of no return is just days away

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OddTrader, May 10, 2016.

1. Vox picked up on the circular graph and add this cool chart:

[​IMG]

2016 will be another record year, because of all that cooling going on.

2. Saw charts like that back in the 70's. We were never supposed to make it to the 90's. Keep the chart the same and just keep pushing back the date. Eventually you'll be right.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I love how the earth was born in 1850 according to those charts.

4. Always nice to see you liberal fruitcakes take time away from sucking off your transgender boyfriend in a ladies room bathroom stall to post global warming drivel

5. Tom B

Tom B

6. Ricter

Ricter

Working outside today, I was pumping up a truck tire and noticed honeybees on the dandelions around me. In light of today's news about hive death for the past year, I was looking at those guys (ok, ladies) with new respect.

7. Ricter

Ricter

8. jem

jem

" However, based on Antarctic ice core data, changes in CO2 follow changes in temperatures by about 600 to 1000 years, as illustrated in Figure 1 below. This has led some to conclude that CO2simply cannot be responsible for current global warming" .

That is the whole the story...

The guess work is that co2 amplifies the warming started by the rise in temperatures.
    Here on in ET we discussed Shakuns paper a few years ago many times.

His work speculates that co2 eventually leads or amplifies temps in the historical database. .

I would suggest he could be right about that when we are frist coming out of the ice age.
    But... in todays climate.

CO2 still trails change in ocean temps...
    So todays data... still shows CO2 lags temps.
    Here is a peer reviewed paper showing ti.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0921818112001658

changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging about 9 months behind changes in global lower troposphere temperature.

9. jem

jem

which brings up the point...
    if you wish to stop co2 from accumulating... you must first stop the oceans from warming.
    and

Do we really wish to stop the oceans from warming?

#10     May 11, 2016
    piezoe likes this.