World Bank Says BioFuels Responsible For 75% of Food Commodities Price Rise

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Why is it that everything congress touches turns to shit?

2. And the real problem now is the land.....

It is skyrocketing, hereby making it far more difficult for prices to drop back down.....

All the money leaving stocks, bonds, and realestate is piling into everything in the commodity category....

And even cuter is when the oil importers are begging Opec to drop prices when they are in their face at the same time threatening alternatives....

Opec has figured it out and for every 1% drop in the $, oil will cost another $4......

Opec is fighting a war without bullets....and winning.....You think that for a moment they are going to relax prices when they now know that when the oil importers have the slightest chance to move away from oil , they will....???

Man, the next 48 months are going to be very telling indeed.....

The banks are trying to make up their losses by investing in the commodity sector which by because of size in some of the markets , is self fullfilling.....it is their only winner , and they will milk it to the bone....

You think that people like Blankfein at GS or Mack at MS care about those people that make up the majority of the world who live on $200 to $800 per month ?

Some countries are going to become ungovernable....This is no joke.....

And GS Paulson , Pickens, etc say supply and demand.....the head of Opec, Saudi Arabia says just the opposite.....

Looks to me like Paulson is speaking for the bank's recent positions and justifying it to the public .....

Why doesn't Paulson just come out and say....

Well if you do not want to bail out the banks through commodity prices, how else do you want to bail them out ?

3. Personally, higher food prices have some good effects:

1) The farmers are finally getting a chance to make a decent living

2) The US exports a lot of farm products

3) Some of the Horizontally Challenged (Obese) may decide this is a good time to lose weight.

4. where did you find that? i have been trying to find specific info like that.

5. It's called inflation..
    printing too many dollars which are chasing too few goods...
    Commodity output is RISING...

6. Excuse me.......1% drop in US$ = $4 rise in oil

7. #1 ... and bitching all the way to the bank about higher feed costs (for animals) and fuel costs (for machinery). It's coming in one pocket at going out the other.
    #3 - I hope you're right about that!

8. moo

moo

Because the only duty of a Congressman in life is to turn food into shit.

#10     Jul 7, 2008