'World Bank could run out of money 'within 12 months'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Debaser82, Oct 3, 2009.

1. The Bank, whose job it is to support low-income countries, has had to hand out so much cash in the wake of the financial crisis that its resources could run dry within 12 months.

“By the middle of next year we will face serious constraints,” said its president Robert Zoellick, as he launched a major campaign to persuade rich nations to pour more money into the Washington-based institution.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-could-run-out-of-money-within-12-months.html

Deflation!:p

2. Money on the sidelines!:p

3. OK, I am not going to even pretend to be holding back my anger here!!!!!

Only in our fucked up world can dumb fucks (like Zoellick) come to "rich"nations and beg for money!!!

Here is what I would like to say to Zoellick et al...

"Listen dumb fuck! When I see some asshole driving a Mercedes...and I know that he is in debt up to his eyeballs to drive that Mercedes....I don't think the Mercedes driver is rich - I think he is a dumb fuck with too much debt!!!!!" The US is NOT RICH - it is in DEBT!!!!! The peoples' future is screwed by all of this debt! Do not come here with your fucking hand out asking us to help "poor" nations!!!!! We as a nation are poor! It is just that our traitorous politicians are pulling the wool over the Americans' eyes with this bullshit debt!"

OK, end of rant!

-gastropod

4. maxpi

maxpi

....as rants go, that is a pretty good one... but really, there are lots and lots of households in the US that have little to no debt and plenty of wealth... I'm not saying that they automatically owe it to the third world to try to help them out though...

'ya know, I'd ignore all this "world" stuff and just go with micro loans via the internet if I really wanted to help somebody...

5. Ahhh, I do agree - but, it is the households that should be doing the giving. A gov't as in debt as ours has no business "giving money to the poor!" Just my $0.02

-gastropod

6. the1

the1

Precisely. The US is in debt up to its eyeballs. They are banking on an increase in economic activity so tax revenues will increase, thereby allowing them to pay down the debts. It's no different than a consumer taking on more debt in anticipation of a raise. If that raise doesn't come there is trouble. If the economy doesn't pick up there will be trouble. The US has the appearance of being wealthy but it is not. It is flat broke.

7. Robbing Peter to pay Paul has never been a very good economic philosophy

8. I must respond!!! I HATE - REPEAT - HATE that people on this board will think I am a PERPETUALLY NEGATIVE hypcrite - I am NOT!!! I am a metal head who has been "wounded by reality!!!" Please enjoy this tune -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zc3BVU-Rno In spite of the fact that I am a "metal" head :D !!

-gastropod

9. the1

the1

Dude, that was beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. I love you man :p

10. zdreg

zdreg

the gov't made u poor. why should they stop now?

#10     Oct 3, 2009