World: are you ready?...Iran war coming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bernard111, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Please pay attention:

Published: 06/02/2008

Israel will "soon disappear" and the "destruction" of the "satanic power" of the United States has begun, Iran's president said.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, in a speech Monday to foreign guests, attacked Israel and the U.S., Reuters reported. The event marked the anniversary of the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

"You should know that the criminal and terrorist Zionist regime which has 60 years of plundering, aggression and crimes in its file has reached the end of its work and will soon disappear off the geographical scene," Iran's official IRNA news agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

Referring to the United States, Ahmadinejad is quoted as saying, "The bell on the countdown of the destruction of the empire of power and wealth has begun to ring."

In 2005, Ahmadinejad sparked international outrage with his wish that Israel would no longer exist.
    http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/breaking/108871.html

Do you want me find you dozens of quotes by European and UN officials and organizations (including Kofi Annan and the EU Parliament) condemning Iranian threats to wipe Israel off the map? Or perhaps you can google these quotes all by yourself? Or perhaps you know it's true and just look forward to having Israel wiped off the map as I suggested in my previous post?

#41     Jul 1, 2008
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Grin---

I understand some of your attitudes toward the USA. Our country, admittedly, ain't what it used to be. And Little George Bush is the worst President in our history.

Yet, as one of ET's resident USA haters, you would be well advised to do the following:

When you lay down to go to sleep tonight, you should rest well, knowing that when your body is dead, stinking, and in the ground rotting, the USA will still be number one in most categories. And, Israel will still be in existence. Not sorry to burst your bubble.

Oh, I know, the government in Brazil is way more ethical than here in the USA, huh?? LMAO!

#42     Jul 1, 2008
  3. I don't hate the US at all. Been there several times, do business there and have lots of friends there.

I do not like the political system (de facto two party system) nor the current administration. There is a lot of room for improvement, instead of keeping things like in the 1800s. This goes for all democracies, by the way - still room for improvement. Also some of the historical "mistakes" made by the US have had very bad effects on the world at large, and the US does have their own interests in mind first and foremost - as does anyone else.

Brazil is one of the most corrupt nations out there, with appaling politicians and lackluster knowledge by the population electing them.

In the end - for business - most sectors have the best conditions in the US. For foreign policy, many countries suffer because of US policies.

What really irks me though, is how a US president is treated like he is holier than holy - something close to the pope or similar. He regularly talks to a god and takes "heavenly advice", and never is there anything close to some accountability. The US population stand with their president in bad and good days - no matter what. That's just dumbfunding. What on earth compels you guys to stick with someone who is clearly a moron for 8 frikkin years?

The mixing of religion and politics is clearly wrong - as shown by the extreme religious groups and their strong influence in US politics. All the political theatrics and hypocrisy are just sickening, and shows that there is something fundamentally wrong. There is more to be done for all democracies - but it's been driven to extremes in the US - where the reverence of "the famous" is very strange. I guess I'm used to some more egalitarianism.

I'm not sure if you have access to news outside of the US - but the rest of the world does not stand with the US in the case of letting Israel have a blank check to do whatever they like in the region, without facing the consequences. You try to label anyone speaking against this unilateral stance like it's some kind of "extremist" attitude, while in fact the extremists are the US going alone and blocking the reactions of the rest of the world. Does that make any sense to someone indoctrinated with a lifetime of propaganda?

When it comes to Israel, Lebanon, Palestin, Syria, Jordan etc ... They should all be able to have a go at each other, and then learn to live in peace without having their conflicts spill over into the rest of the world. That happens primarily because of US religiously influenced political practices.
    :p

#43     Jul 1, 2008
  4. I don't hate the US at all. Been there several times, do business there and have lots of friends there.
    LOL, reminds me of "My best friend is Jewish and he agrees with me" line used by absolutely every single anti-semite and Israel-hater.

I do not like the political system (de facto two party system)
    Then I am sure you must be very fond of the Israeli multi-party Parlimentary system, right? Hahaha, I bet you've never had anything good to say about the US with its two party system and about Israel with its multi-party system just like you have never had anything bad to say about one party system in Syria, zero party system in Saudi Arabia and fake elections in Iran. But you don't hate the US and Israel, oh no, of course not.

The US population stand with their president in bad and good days - no matter what.
    Are you insane, his job approval rating is below 30%.

What on earth compels you guys to stick with someone who is clearly a moron for 8 frikkin years?
    Hmm, the constitution perhaps. He was democratically reelected in 2004 for four more years, in case you were in a coma and did not notice.

I'm not sure if you have access to news outside of the US - but the rest of the world does not stand with the US in the case of letting Israel have a blank check
    I am not sure if you have access to news inside or outside of the US but the rest of the world is dead set on preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, the UN is condemning Iran almost every day and the Europeans have been negotiating with Iran for the last 5-6 years. Of course the rest of the world and the European negotiators have once again completely failed to achieve their objectives so in the end it will likely be up to Israel and/or the US to do the dirty work. Of course responsible governments of the world will breathe a sigh of relief while stupid self-righteous and irrelevant morons all over the planet will once again be burning the US and Israeli flags and polluting the internet with their self-righteous and ignorant diatribes. As if anyone gives a shit.

When it comes to Israel, Lebanon, Palestin, Syria, Jordan etc ... They should all be able to have a go at each other
    So you won't complain, whine and rant if/when Israel does what you suggest vis-a-vis Iran, will you?

#44     Jul 1, 2008
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Why do we need that? All we need is an attack from someone, it doesn't even have to be a country, and we'll just blame it on Iran. That worked last time!:D

#45     Jul 1, 2008
  6. a_person,
    you are maybe jewish, and I don't hate you. You might be a religious extremist, an atheist or whatever - I don't care. You might try to label me, but there is no truth to what you're saying - so you'll have to settle for inventing something.

You might also note that I'm not attacking you as a person (yes, pun intended) but that I strictly handle your arguments and the issue itself ...
    :p :p :p

I think the US political system is very stale and lacks renewing input. I do like parliamentarism much better, yes - it's an improvement over the US system. But in the US the two main parties have sabotaged any real competition from other parties ever becoming a reality through years of legislation. The best thing would be to have some modern form of direct democracy, however.

Sticking with an obvious moron, liar and deceit/fraudster when they can kick him out of office for his enormous mistakes is just plain stupid. It shows how flawed the US system really is - especially when in the US system, the president has more powers than is normal in many other western democracies. Even though the population dislikes or hates the president, they can't get rid of him ... that's just plain wrong. There is no accountability in that whatsoever.

"Dirty work" as you calls it seems to indicate that you think it would be something noble, but in fact "dirty work" is for "dirty bastards". It does not justify the means - whatever end you want. Breaking the law makes you a criminal. It does not matter what kind of religious comfort you find in your actions - a criminal is a criminal.

You hypocritically uphold the law for Iran, but in the same paragraph say it's ok for Israel and the US to break the law ...

Iran and Israel could wipe each other off the map for all I care. Europe will never participate in any of that - you can rest assure, and if the US supports Israel by protecting their aggression - well, that's just continuing the line of religious extremism that the whole regions is soaked with. Hopefully, Obama will be a step to end the religious madness that US foreign politics sometimes seems to be.

#46     Jul 1, 2008
  7. While I partially agree with you on imperfections of our two-party system, the main point of my post was to indicate that you find faults in the US and Israel only even though the political systems of these two countries are among the best in the world (just because you don't like them does not make them bad or wrong).

You bash the US and Israel only, you accuse the US and Israel only of religious extremism (btw both Zionism and the support of Israel in the US have nothing to do with religion). You don't criticize political systems or religious extremism of any other country in the world but no, you don't hate these countries, oh no, how could I even suggest that.

And of course you are not speaking out of both sides of your mouth when you suggest that they "have a go at it" in your post and five minutes later accuse Israel of aggression.

#47     Jul 1, 2008
  8. a_person,
    nice to see you (at least partially) lay off the personal attacks for trying to score cheap patriotic points and going for the arguments.

Of course I say they can have a go at it if they want. And I've repeatedly said they should all be isolated until they learn to live together. Period.

Much of the US arguments from voters - reflected by their elected political representatives - is about the religious aspect. I'm not ignoring that or trying to spin something else that is fake on top that. I find Israel, Iran, the US and many other countries to be partially dominated by religious extremists. It's worse in Israel and Iran than many other places.

The topic is bombing and all out war with Iran - initiated by Israel ... what did you want me to talk about? Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro?

I've repeated that the US and Israel should not try to involve Europe in any conflict - nor any other country, and that the US should stop supporting aggression by Israel - contrary to the will of the rest of the world - ergo pretty extreme in their stubborness ... and based on religious pressure, as well as interests in keeping some status quo in the region for cheap energy access - not something particularly successful nowadays. IAEA's chief ElBaradei has even said he will resign if they attack Iran.

#48     Jul 1, 2008
    #49     Jul 1, 2008
  10. Dear a_person ...
    Would you say that 50% of US voters are religious? Maybe more? What made you think that I was implying that support came from only jewish voters? Are you trying to label me again ... tsk, tsk ...

The US has not any right to do what it wants internationally, nor has Israel. That is why we have international law. The same goes for Iran.

How many percent of Israeli voters are religious? I would guess it's a pretty high percentage. Then you also have the extreme right wing groups in both Israel and the US where nationalism is rampant.

Breaking international law should be subject to prosecution. Then there are international treaties, and members of those treaties should be subject to pressure and sanctions thereof if they violate the treaty.

You seem like you don't respect the law, or any democracy ... ?

#50     Jul 1, 2008