World: are you ready?...Iran war coming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bernard111, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Absolutely right. European leaders will excoriate the US or Israel in public, and in private will be breathing a huge sigh of relief that the threat was removed at someone else's expense.

#11     Jun 20, 2008
  2. I don't think anyone thinks a bombing campaign will be significantly successful.

See my earlier post on this.

However, what most people don't realize is that Saudi Arabia and Dubai are as concerned about Iran's regional aspirations and growing influence as anyone.

Israel is sending a message to Iran to lever them to negotiate (the package of incentives presented by the international community, without official participation by the U.S., even though the U.S. has blessed the offer). Israel is playing steely-eyed poker before the November elections in the U.S. I'm not so sure the Iranians are buying it, or whether they should.

Sometimes, you're better off buying people off, as we've allowed S. Korea try to do with N. Korea. Their are some parallels there.

A strike on N. Korea or Iran will set off a chain of consequences that no one can foresee, without that great a level of confidence that the military objective can be achieved.

It's very dicey.

#12     Jun 20, 2008
  3. The 9/11 attacks had nothing to do with Europe, but everything to do with US politics and tactics in the middle east by supporting tyrants and favouring cheap energy prices over human welfare.

But I still say - just let them play it out in the middle east - I don't care one bit. They are the ones having the problems and they are also the ones causing the problems. Seemingly they do some peace negotiation tactics now after the latest scandalous videos showing harassing and attacks on palestinians by Israeli gangs - and a rather gloom projection with regards to the US election for continued Israeli carte blanche.
    :p

#13     Jun 21, 2008
  4. not gonna happen! Not when one side is extreme religious nuts who are brainwashed to believe they are the "chosen ones" and that anyone else is scum who can be crushed as a bug.

this kind of irrationality is the # 1 threat to our freedom. They want war, they NEED war.

#14     Jun 21, 2008
  5. The generals and politicians do not openly discuss an impending attack before we actually do it.

Remember that George Bush was sent to the lawn of the White House to play with his dogs, knowing that the media would pick it up, and that this would be evidence that not much was happening at the moment in Washington. A diversion. We then tried to directly bomb Saddam's bunker in Iraq (he wasn't there).

You can get strung up by the gonads for revealing attack plans. Just the fact that everyone "in the know" feels safe to talk about it, probably means it can't happen.

#15     Jun 21, 2008
  6. piezoe

piezoe

When Israel is preoccupied with bombing Iran the US could seize that golden opportunity to nuke Israel, swiftly wiping them off the map. Then we would become , in a few seconds, Iran's new best friend. Iran would then cooperate with the US in bringing Iraq under control. US and British troops could come home. Terrorism would end. Oil would flow freely from the Mideast to US shores. General Motors, in a few seconds, could be rescued from the brink of bankruptcy -- saving the American taxpayers billions in bailout money-- soccer moms and dad's could drive SUV's and Hummers again, and the United States' biggest pain in the ass would be gone forever, vaporized in a puff. (A side benefit is that the US arsenal of 6,000 hydrogen bombs would be reduced to approximately 5995, and the US could then lay claim to having unilaterally reduced its number of nuclear weapons. This would make us very popular with namby pamby countries like Japan, Sweden and Canada.) :D

P.S. President Bush would have to explain US actions to the rest of the world of course. But that's easily accomplished:" The US had no choice. Israel had weapons of mass destruction, and had refused to obey UN resolutions."

#16     Jun 21, 2008
  7. Nah,
    I say let's just let them go all out - and then the US can pick up the tab and rebuild all the stuff if they feel like it's really that important. It beats having the european tax payers dish out in donation or reconstruction forums for various middle east raids by the US or Israel ...
    :p

#17     Jun 21, 2008
  8. Mercor

Mercor

Or....we use 5995 bombs and get rid of all the arab muslim states.
    The United States' biggest pain in the ass would be gone forever, vaporized in a puff. Then we just take the oil for free.

#18     Jun 21, 2008
  9. Come on, the only people this scenario is going to please are Nazi anti-semitic Israel-hating scum like you. The Mullahs in Iran are not going to become our friends until we all convert to Islam (the Shia branch), Osama will not stop terror attacks until we withdraw troops from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and convert to Islam (the Sunni branch), Sunnis and Shia will not stop killing each other, Muslims will not stop killing innocence in Darfur, India and Russia, will not stop burning cars in Paris and rioting in Denmark over cartoons. The price of oil will not change as it has nothing to do with Israel in the first place, Israel was there 10 years ago when oil cost $10 a barrel.

Besides Israel is a true friend and ally so I hope your friends and family know you advocate backstabbing friends when you find it "profitable" enough.

I also find your logical skills quite amazing, according to you because Muslim terrorist organizations and states terrorize and intimidate the entire world, murder innocent civilians, fly planes into buildings, blow up trains and buses, kidnap, riot and pillage we must respond by killing all jews. Way to go Hitler wannabe.

#19     Jun 21, 2008
  10. piezoe

piezoe

On my lord, point made. I rest my case your honor.

#20     Jun 21, 2008