Workstation Guide

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sniper_Trader1, May 29, 2001.

1. Baron,

I found your article http://www2.elitetrader.com/ha/guide/index.cfm to be an exellent guide to picking the best equipment and operating system. Along those lines, which do you feel is the best trading software and why? I felt that you did not address that issue, but wouldn't you agree that choosing the best trading software is just as important as choosing Win2000 over Win98?

I am looking forward to your guidance.

Thanks in advance.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I really meant for that guide to focus more on the aspects of getting a workstation up and running than what applications to install on it. Not that trading software isn't important, because it most definitely is. There are so many types of software packages available these days -- all of which cater to certain trading styles, experience levels, and strategies -- that I felt a guide on trading software should really to be a work unto itself (which will be coming soon).

Baron

3. Thanks Baron,

Looking forward to reading your guide.

Right now I am using RealTurd III :)

I'd like to know if there is anything better than that.

4. tom_p

tom_p

I'll take this opportunity to recommend "Workstation Guide" as a must read for any serious remote trader.

5. Sniper, what's so bad about Real"turd" III, I thought that it was the software of choice for the serious pro? I haven't used it yet myself b/c I'm currently starting out with esignal but I will eventually switch over to RT III as I gain experience. I might even use both:D. Like you, I can't wait 'til "Mr. B" comes out with his software analysis.